Liga Nacional de Béisbol (National Baseball League): a fantasy Spanish Baseball League (24/24 + Colour Schemes)

Victormrey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, FORTTE said:

Baseball is not the one of my favorite sports, but, I have to say that Corazones' logo is great. So creative. The Euskara'a teams are my favorites. Keep going!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

MASSIVE improvement on the Highlanders! It went from being one of your weakest concepts to maybe your best. Nice job! 

Thanks, your advice was really useful!

It's time for human castles!

CASTELLERS DE TARRAGONA (TARRAGONA CASTLE MAKERS)

Tarragona, Catalonia

"A castell is a human tower built traditionally in festivals at many locations within Catalonia. At these festivals, several colles castelleres (group of people who do these towers) often succeed in building and dismantling a tower's structure" Tarragona is one of the cities where these are made, and that's why I chose the name of "Castellers". The logos on the caps are just the letters C and T using the font from the wordmarks.

The colours are taken from the Castellers' traditional uniforms.

The home and road uniforms feature the traditional white and grey, while the alternate is red, trying to make it look like the Castellers' uniforms.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Castellers de Tarragona Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Castellers de Tarragona Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Castellers de Tarragona Alternate Uniform.png

15 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Castle Makers look solid. They remind me of the Indians.

The only suggestion I have is to get rid of that strange blue band on the pants of the alternate uni.

Thank you, the Indians were the inspiration, actually.

About the navy band, it's made that way to resemble the belt used by the Castellers. But it looks weird indeed, I may change it.

1 minute ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you, the Indians were the inspiration, actually.

About the navy band, it's made that way to resemble the belt used by the Castellers. But it looks weird indeed, I may change it.

Oh, if that's the case, then by all means, keep it. I figured it might have been an error you made when coloring the concept. But I'm all for unique design features! 

We get to the middle of the series!

BOQUERONES DE MÁLAGA (MÁLAGA ANCHOVIES)

Málaga, Andalusia

Fried and pickled anchovies are one of the most typical dishes from Málaga, that's why I chose the name of "Boquerones". The primary logo is a B made by the shape of two anchovies, while the secondary (from the alternate uniform cap) is a M with fish hook at its right.

Initially I want to use light blue, taken from the Province of Málaga flag, but in the end I kept it simple, just using black, and the colours from the city flag (purple and green) for the baselayer.

The home uniform is white with black pinstripes, the road uniform is grey, and the alternate is white, featuring purple and green as main colours.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Boquerones de Malaga Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Boquerones de Malaga Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Boquerones de Malaga Alt Uniform.png

Another well done entry in this series. I like the two different colored sleeves on the home and road jerseys.

I think the primary logo needs a little bit of work. Right now it's not clear enough that the two anchovies are supposed to be forming a "B." Similarly, the secondary logo, while looking fine, almost resembles an "M" and "U." If you shorten the hook part of the logo, it won't look like the hook is supposed to be another letter.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Another well done entry in this series. I like the two different colored sleeves on the home and road jerseys.

I think the primary logo needs a little bit of work. Right now it's not clear enough that the two anchovies are supposed to be forming a "B." Similarly, the secondary logo, while looking fine, almost resembles an "M" and "U." If you shorten the hook part of the logo, it won't look like the hook is supposed to be another letter.

Thank you for the suggestions, the designs have been updated.

49 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you for the suggestions, the designs have been updated.

The updated secondary logo looks great.

For the primary logo, when I said you needed to make it look more like a "B," I meant that the two anchovies should curve a bit more so they form the shape of the bottom and top of a "B." If you could achieve that, you probably don't need that vertical bar on the left side of the "B."

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

The updated secondary looks great.

For the primary, when I said you needed to make it look more like a "B," I meant that the two anchovies should curve a bit more so they look form the shape of the bottom and top of a "B." If you could achieve that, you probably don't need that vertical bar on the left side of the "B."

Oh, OK, I'll keep on trying to improve it ;) Let's see if i manage to get something better.

The Romans are back!

ROMANOS DE MÉRIDA (MÉRIDA ROMANS)

Mérida, Extremadura

Mérida was founded by the Romans in 25 B.C., with the name of Emerita Augusta, that's why I chose the name of "Romanos". The logo is a R which tries to resemble a Roman helmet.

The colours red and gold are taken from the Roma Empire banner.

The home uniform is white, the road uniform is grey with red sleeves (trying to resemble the uniform of the Roman Army), and the road uniform is red.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Romanos de Merida Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Romanos de Merida Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Romanos de Merida Alt Uniform.png

It's not July 7 yet, but, how about a Running of the Bulls?

TOROS DE PAMPLONA (PAMPLONA BULLS)

Pamplona, Navarre

Pamplona is famous for the Festival of San Fermín (from July 7 to July 14), whose main events are the "Encierros" (Running of the Bulls), that's why I chose the name of "Toros". The logo is made by a T and a P put together, featuring horns.

The colours are taken from the runners' uniform.

The home and road uniform feature the traditional white and grey, and the alternate uniform is black and off-white, inspired by the bulls colours.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Toros de Pamplona Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Toros de Pamplona Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Toros de Pamplona Alt Uniform.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

The Toros look great. I always thought Mexico would be a logical name for an MLB team in Mexico.

Thank you, and indeed, given México bullfighting culture it'd make sense a team named like that.

After a day with no posts (you know, Finals Week, such is life), let's continue with the series.

MURCIÉLAGOS DE VALENCIA (VALENCIA BATS)

Valencia, Valencian Community

I chose the name "Murciélagos" because the figure of the bat is featured on the city coat of arms. The logo is a M and a V put together in a shape that resembles a bat.

The black is taken from the colour of the bat, and the orange is taken from the famous Valencian oranges.

The home uniform is white, the road uniform is grey and the alternate is black and orange.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Murcielagos de Valencia Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Murcielagos de Valencia Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Murcielagos de Valencia Alt Uniform.png

Archived