DEL jersey series (Fischtown added)

jay_fs_designs

And on we move.. Krefeld are the next team. I used their classic gold and black with the addition of white which they occasionally use - especially for their road jerseys. I think their logo is a good match with a chest stripe therefore I went this way with the 3rd. Opinions?

IMG_20160410_132258.jpg

You're doing good work, just make sure you don't get discouraged by the lack of feedback. You're new to the game and picked a league most of the board knows nothing about. Keep it up, loving the series.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

26 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

You're doing good work, just make sure you don't get discouraged by the lack of feedback. You're new to the game and picked a league most of the board knows nothing about. Keep it up, loving the series.

Thanks for the kind words, mate. I expected a slow start with this series - as you say - but it was my latest on insta so I wanted to start with this anyway

Mannheim are the next team. Again I chose to do a simple striping design. I also made a concept for their Winter Game (German version of the Winter Classic) which is bit more special, so I wanted this to be more conservative. Let's hear some opinions.

The Winter Game concept will be coming up, too at the end of this series.

IMG_20160430_221123.jpg

Munich is next. Obvious colour choices for the home and rad jersey. I think the logo and the chest stripe work well together. For the alt I decided to use the colour scheme the team had before Red Bull bought them. Rangers-like wordmark as I didn't want to use the Red Bull stuff on this one. The striping is something I always wanted to try with that kind of jersey. Let's hear some opinions

IMG_20160504_192638.jpg

I hate to be the one to point it out, but can we see a little variety here? Literally every design you've posted in this so far has the same shoulder treatment and similar details; same treatment of the city crest, few logo changes.

Dressing the whole league up in similar jerseys just wouldn't work. Can we see something different?  

On 8.6.2016 at 11:08 PM, Eric Westhaver said:

I hate to be the one to point it out, but can we see a little variety here? Literally every design you've posted in this so far has the same shoulder treatment and similar details; same treatment of the city crest, few logo changes.

Dressing the whole league up in similar jerseys just wouldn't work. Can we see something different?  

Thank you for the feedback.. 

You are pretty much pointing out somethimg that I decided before I started working on this series. The jerseys are supposed to be all by the same manufacturer. Somethimg the DEL lacks these days. Unlike in the NHL there is no conformity at all. So I wanted to add a few features that every jersey has. Like every adidas jersey has the 3 stripes etc. Therefore every of the jerseys got that city crest and the founding year on the back. However I agree that the shoulder design shouldn't be that similar on all of the jerseys. Someone pointed that out recently and I chanced it on a few towards the end of the series

okay I know the shoulder design is again not too much different from all the other jersey. 2 reasons for this: I think this kind of design works best with the template I used for the series and I really tried different ones but they didn't work with the striping on this concept.

As for the rest of the jerseys: I decided to use their traditional colour scheme for the main set instead of the new one and took that to the 3rd.

tsit.png

Having grown up in Bavaria, I love that third! The checkering contrasts well against the black. I think it's a good move to keep the red in the logo, but ptetty much off the jersey. I've always thought some people try too hard to work in every logo color into a jersey, when accent colors are fine to leave out. Good job!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 13.6.2016 at 6:21 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

Having grown up in Bavaria, I love that third! The checkering contrasts well against the black. I think it's a good move to keep the red in the logo, but ptetty much off the jersey. I've always thought some people try too hard to work in every logo color into a jersey, when accent colors are fine to leave out. Good job!

Thank you for the continued feedback :)

The Grizzlies from Wolfsburg are the last team in this series. I'll add whatever team is going to replace Hamburg when there is confirmation. I'll add the Winter Game concept tomorrow aswell.

For the Grizzlies I stuck with the teams current colours. I thought a small chest stripe would match the new logo. A bit of a Philly-esque design for the alt.

received_10204660695675561.jpeg

I love the Wild Wings kit! Nice and neat unis...

The only thing I would do is to get rid of the white shadowing in the secondary logo, the swan would pop up more.

I also really like Straubing Tigers idea but grey tiny striping is a bit useless as it is now IMO. Maybe you can try to make it thicker or just get rid of it. ^_^

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

23 hours ago, Pulv! said:

I love the Wild Wings kit! Nice and neat unis...

The only thing I would do is to get rid of the white shadowing in the secondary logo, the swan would pop up more.

I also really like Straubing Tigers idea but grey tiny striping is a bit useless as it is now IMO. Maybe you can try to make it thicker or just get rid of it. ^_^

I wasn't sure if the swan would blend too much into the black without the white... Agree about Straubing. Maybe I'll do an update later.

This is my concept for the Winter Game between Mannheim and Schwenningen. It's supposed to create a retro feel without copying any old jersey designs. As both their logos are rather modern so I decided to use wordmarks. The clubs official names are Mannheimer ERC and and Schwenninger ERC and I figuered the official abbreviations work better than the city names.

received_10204296146002047.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

The Fischtown Pinguins have been confirmed to replace the Hamburg Freezers. So here's the last concept in this series:

The striping on the main set is supposed to match the banner on the logo. The diamonds on the 3rd are supposed to replicate the logo shape.

fishtown.png

Good update, glad to see you came back to tackle it. I enjoyed the series,  and look forward to seeing what you take on next.

Archived