UPDATED: York College (D III) Football

fkaKrock5cent

Hey guys! Been awhile since I posted a concept. 

I've been busy finishing up college and while I was there, I was inspired to go back to my roots. I attended York College of Pennsylvania and they have never had a football team. During my time at YCP, I often herd students ask "What if our school had football?" This project took that question and gave York the full Nike treatment with custom uniforms and helmets. Each set has interchangeable pants with three jersey options. The green jersey is the main home, the white is the away, and the black is the alternate. Each jersey includes a patch with the Capital Athletic Conference logo as well as the pants. The "P" shaped logo is for my graphic design identity, Pigmentum. You can check it out here.

Let me know what you think! It may be a little while before I can make any adjustments but I'm happy to hear what everyone has to say.

HOME
ycpFootballHome.png

ROAD

ycpFootballRoad.png

ALTERNATE

YCPFootballAlt.png

Loving how solid you made this look! Just one question to clarify my curiosity, what does the CAC patch stand for on the right shoulder (left on pic) and right leg (left on pic)? Otherwise, great job. If they ever do get a football team together, submit this. It'd be great uniforms to see on the field.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

9 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Loving how solid you made this look! Just one question to clarify my curiosity, what does the CAC patch stand for on the right shoulder (left on pic) and right leg (left on pic)? Otherwise, great job. If they ever do get a football team together, submit this. It'd be great uniforms to see on the field.

It's for the Capitol Athletic Conference - it's for small colleges in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and Northern Virginia  

3 hours ago, pschaef said:

It's for the Capitol Athletic Conference - it's for small colleges in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and Northern Virginia  

I think we have a fellow Spartan in the house? 

Thanks for the props you guys! Should I do more CAC teams or teams without football programs?

Ahh... we were the foes against York College back in '05. Gallaudet Bison baseball alumni here, They got a pretty good baseball program with a beautiful field. But hey that was a good start on uniforms I liked them.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I didn't expect to find another former spartan!

I'm using this project to build the sports graphics section of my portfolio, so I'm practicing my Photoshop skills a bit too. Here's the uniforms on photo-realistic templates. 

YCPFootballPoster.png

YCPFootballPlayer.png

Great helmet.

The shoulder graphics are not symmetrical. Look at the distance from the graphic's pointy tips to their respective seams below.

The front number may need to be slightly rotated 3 dimensionally to match the body's rotation.

The conference patch would probably not overlap the seams.

Here's what I'd do. You only need one helmet: the white one. The second iteration of the jersey with the updated numeral font is great. The wordmark doesn't need to be there, though. I'd also change the designations. The alternate and away you currently have are color swaps. Change those to the home and away, and make the green one the alternate, since it's different from the other two.

Outside of that, this is bitchin'!

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived