MLS 2024 Project (Hand-drawn) - 5/28 - New Jersey Metropolitans added

PrimalCookie

36 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

A few thinks, 

1) Great work love the ideas.

2) Please don't rename NYCFC to NYCSC it doesn't flow well plus Man City/CFG (City Football Group) won't allow it.

3) Maybe I missed but can we get some story on what has occurred from 2016-2024. You know who won Championships and what not. (Also if you do this can you base it off current league trends and make as unbiased as possible so no OCSC dynasty)

I was planning on changing NYCFC's name, but I agree that it doesn't work as well. I forgot that Man City owned the team, so maybe NYC will be the final holdout of the FC name. I will work on 2016-2024 standings, and I (probably) won't make an OCSC dynasty, NYCFC is playing really good so I might even give them a title.

ExJworW.png

2016 REGULAR SEASON RESULTS (basically just a prediction of this year)

WESTERN CONFERENCE (Bold means made playoffs)

1) SC Dallas

2) Colorado Rapids

3) Los Angeles Galaxy

4) Real Salt Lake

5) Vancouver Whitecaps

6) Sporting Kansas City

7) San Jose Earthquakes

8) Portland Timbers

9) Seattle Sounders

10) Houston Dynamo

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1) New York City FC

2) New Jersey Metropolitans (NY Red Bulls)

3) Philadelphia Union

4) Montreal Impact

5) Orlando City 

6) DC United

7) Toronto SC

8) Columbus Crew

9) New England SC

10) Chicago Fire

WESTERN CONF. PLAYOFFS

1st round

1) DAL 2, 6) KC 0

3) LAG 1, 4) RSL 2

2) CO 1, 5) VAN 0

2nd round

4) RSL 0, 2) CO 3

3rd round

1) DAL 2, 2) CO 3

EASTERN CONF. PLAYOFFS

1st round

1) NYC 2, 6) DC 1

3) PHI 3, 4) MON 0

2) NJ 0, 5) ORL 1

2nd round

3) PHI 3, 5) ORL 1

3rd round

1) NYC 5, 3) PHI 1

Championship Game

1) NYC 1, 2) CO 2

The 2016 MLS season is one of surprises. The Colorado Rapids, who finished second-last in the league in 2015, shot out the gates early, but gave up ground to SC Dallas halfway through the season. The reigning champion Portland did not live up to expectations, finishing 8th in the West. Columbus, the winners of the East last season, also struggled. The two 2015 expansion teams, NYCFC and Orlando City, both made the playoffs, although NYCFC was significantly better (that was hard to type). In the Western playoffs, SC Dallas made quick work of Sporting KC, winning 2-0. LA Galaxy vs RSL was the most exciting game of Round 1, as the game went to penalties and Real was able to pull off the upset in LA, 2-1. Colorado was just too much for Vancouver, and they lost 1-0. In Round 2, Colorado made sure RSL never had a chance, beating them 3-0. In Round 3, Dallas and Colorado traded goals in a thriller, and the Rapids headed to the MLS Cup Finals with a 3-2 win. In the East, things were much less exciting. NYCFC rallied from being down 1-0 in the first half, scoring 2 unanswered goals in a 2-1 win. Philadelphia easily beat Montreal, winning 3-0, while Orlando City pulled off the 1-0 upset of New Jersey. Their success was short lived, however, as Philadelphia beat them in Round 2 3-1. The Eastern Conf. Championship game was an afterthought, as NYCFC rolled over the Union in a humiliating 5-1 defeat. In the MLS Cup Championship, NYCFC was one bad call away from sending the game into penalties, but it was not to be as the Colorado Rapids won 2-1 in a game that NYCFC fans will be salty about for years to come.

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

2016 REGULAR SEASON RESULTS (basically just a prediction of this year)

1) SC Dallas

2) Colorado Rapids

3) Los Angeles Galaxy

4) Real Salt Lake

5) Vancouver Whitecaps

6) Sporting Kansas City

7) San Jose Earthquakes

8) Portland Timbers

9) Seattle Sounders

10) Houston Dynamo

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1) New York City FC

2) New Jersey Metropolitans (NY Red Bulls)

3) Philadelphia Union

4) Montreal Impact

5) Orlando City 

6) DC United

7) Toronto SC

8) Columbus Crew

9) New England SC

10) Chicago Fire

WESTERN CONF. PLAYOFFS

1st round

1) DAL 2, 6) KC 0

3) LAG 1, 4) RSL 2

2) CO 1, 5) VAN 0

2nd round

4) RSL 0, 2) CO 3

3rd round

1) DAL 2, 2) CO 3

EASTERN CONF. PLAYOFFS

1st round

1) NYC 2, 6) DC 1

3) PHI 3, 4) MON 0

2) NJ 0, 5) ORL 1

2nd round

3) PHI 3, 5) ORL 1

3rd round

1) NYC 5, 3) PHI 1

Championship Game

1) NYC 1, 2) CO 2

The 2016 MLS season is one of surprises. The Colorado Rapids, who finished second-last in the league in 2015, shot out the gates early, but gave up ground to SC Dallas halfway through the season. The reigning champion Portland did not live up to expectations, finishing 8th in the West. Columbus, the winners of the East last season, also struggled. The two 2015 expansion teams, NYCFC and Orlando City, both made the playoffs, although NYCFC was significantly better (that was hard to type). In the Western playoffs, SC Dallas made quick work of Sporting KC, winning 2-0. LA Galaxy vs RSL was the most exciting game of Round 1, as the game went to penalties and Real was able to pull off the upset in LA, 2-1. Colorado was just too much for Vancouver, and they lost 1-0. In Round 2, Colorado made sure RSL never had a chance, beating them 3-0. In Round 3, Dallas and Colorado traded goals in a thriller, and the Rapids headed to the MLS Cup Finals with a 3-2 win. In the East, things were much less exciting. NYCFC rallied from being down 1-0 in the first half, scoring 2 unanswered goals in a 2-1 win. Philadelphia easily beat Montreal, winning 3-0, while Orlando City pulled off the 1-0 upset of New Jersey. Their success was short lived, however, as Philadelphia beat them in Round 2 3-1. The Eastern Conf. Championship game was an afterthought, as NYCFC rolled over the Union in a humiliating 5-1 defeat. In the MLS Cup Championship, NYCFC was one bad call away from sending the game into penalties, but it was not to be as the Colorado Rapids won 2-1 in a game that NYCFC fans will be salty about for years to come.

Yeah we would be salty lmao! Hopefully we'll win it soon enough. Also I'm sure it was tough for you to write but you got through it lol. Great Series!

NEW JERSEY METROPOLITANS (Mets)

MANUFACTURER: PUMA

SPONSOR: Über

The team that surprisingly rebranded halfway through the 2016 season and ditched Red Bull in the process has a pretty sharp new kit, especially when they lose at home in the 1st round against Orlando City. Anyway, these kits are pretty sharp. I went back to the MetroStars days with black-red stripes on the home shirt(Atlanta you aren't unique anymore :P), while the away is white with black-red hoops on the sleeves. The alternate is mono-red, because red was the only color they hadn't used primarily in their new look. Coming up, the other 2015 expansion team, New York City FC! (Just kidding, don't hurt me NYs Greatest) I have plenty of time on my hands, so it might be up tonight. C&C is greatly appreciated! Also, I know I am a long way from finishing this series, but what should I do next? I was thinking I would do a "NBA Under Nike" series.

image.jpegEDIT: Sorry for another horrible image, I really hope this doesn't keep happening because when I take the picture it looks very clear

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, New York's Greatest said:

The name may have to change because the team would need permission from the New York Mets to use the name other wise really cool design. Can't wait for NYCFC! (Don't worry I won't hurt you for that expansion comment lol)

Their official name is Metropolitans, just the media would call them the Mets and then the name will just stick with the team, kind of like the Diamondbacks aka the Dbacks. I'll consider a rename, but I think the name MetroStars should stay in the 90's.

ExJworW.png

7 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Their official name is Metropolitans, just the media would call them the Mets and then the name will just stick with the team, kind of like the Diamondbacks aka the Dbacks. I'll consider a rename, but I think the name MetroStars should stay in the 90's.

It would still get confusing as well as the fact tecnically the NY Mets' name are the Metropolitans so if any team wants to use it they have to go through them (hence the whole if the NHL expands to Seattle should the old teams' name be brought back) remember the Winnipeg Jets of the NHL needed permission to use the name jets from the New York Jets back in 2011 even though the jets existed as team previously. (I'm not against the name just showing a realistic problem)

2 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

It would still get confusing as well as the fact tecnically the NY Mets' name are the Metropolitans so if any team wants to use it they have to go through them (hence the whole if the NHL expands to Seattle should the old teams' name be brought back) remember the Winnipeg Jets of the NHL needed permission to use the name jets from the New York Jets back in 2011 even though the jets existed as team previously. (I'm not against the name just showing a realistic problem)

Ok, I thought the Mets' full name was just Mets, not Metropolitans...Eh, you're from NY, you know those teams well. I also don't follow the NHL, so I didn't know that.

ExJworW.png

Is the idea that the team ditches the red bull name? Sorry I know it's a concept but it's not realistic for two reasons 1- red bull owns the team, and would never switch the name unless they sell the team 2- if they did sell the team, I'm sure a return to the metro stars name would be both more likely and better

10 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

Is the idea that the team ditches the red bull name? Sorry I know it's a concept but it's not realistic for two reasons 1- red bull owns the team, and would never switch the name unless they sell the team 2- if they did sell the team, I'm sure a return to the metro stars name would be both more likely and better

I know that it's not realistic, but it has to be done in my opinion. Also, I know that if this happened, they would go back to MetroStars, but I think that name should stay in the 90s/early 2000s. Anyway, if I used MetroStars, then it would basically be the same thing but with a different crest, and I will make a concept for the Red Bulls just for comparison.

ExJworW.png

Hey everyone, sorry for the long wait, I've been in kind of a gridlock with NYCFC. I've tried just about everything, but it just doesn't look right. Pinstripes didn't work as well as I thought they would, so my main plan went out the window, but nothing else worked either while making some changes to the current look. So, I will come back to NYCFC later, and tackle the Houston Dynamo! 

2017 STANDINGS (hidden under spoiler due to size)

Spoiler

2017 MLS REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

1) SC Dallas

2) Los Angeles Galaxy

3) Real Salt Lake

4) Colorado Rapids (Defending Champions)

5) Sporting Kansas City

6) San Jose Earthquakes

7) Portland Timbers

8) Vancouver Whitecaps

9) Houston Dynamo

10) Los Angeles SC (Expansion Team)

11) Seattle Sounders

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1) New York City FC

2) Philadelphia Union

3) Toronto SC

4) New Jersey SC (Working name for now while the NY Mets lawsuit of the Metropolitans name continues)

5) Montreal Impact

6) Columbus Crew

7) DC United

8) Orlando City :(

9) Atlanta United (Expansion Team)

10) New England SC

11) Chicago Fire

WESTERN CONF. PLAYOFFS

1st Round

1) DAL 1, 6) SJ 2

2) LAG 3, 5) KC 1

3) RSL 0, 4) CO 1

2nd Round

3) CO 0, 6) SJ 1

3rd Round

2) LAG 2, 6) SJ 1

EASTERN CONF. PLAYOFFS

1st Round

1) NYC 2, 6) COL 1

2) PHI 1, 5) MON 0

3) TOR 3, 4) NJ 2

2nd Round

2) PHI 0, 3) TOR 1

3rd Round

1) NYC 2, 3) TOR 1

MLS Cup Championship

1) NYC 2, 2) LAG 0

The 2017 MLS Season kicked off with two new expansion teams joining the league, in Atlanta United and Los Angeles SC. However, the two teams did not do very well, finishing 9th and 10th in their conferences. SC Dallas, vying to avenge their loss to Colorado in Round 3, finished with the 1 seed in the West again, while Colorado fell to 4th. In the East, NYCFC continued their stranglehold on the conference, finishing with the Supporter's Shield and the 1 seed. The Western Conference Playoffs were highlighted by upsets and what could've been. In the entire bracket, only twice did the higher seeded team win. The San Jose Earthquakes dispatched of Dallas, winning 2-1 against a stunned crowd. The Galaxy beat Sporting KC 3-1 in a game which was never close, and Colorado beat Real Salt Lake to advance to Round 2. In this format, the highest seeded winner of Round 1 gets a "bye" week, so San Jose traveled to Colorado for Round 2. A controversial penalty in 90+3 was converted as the Earthquakes stunned yet another crowd, this time in the Mile High City. The Quakes, looking to be the first 6 seed in MLS history to make the MLS Cup Finals (don't quote me on this), brought the game to penalties, but the LA Galaxy won 2-1 in the chase for their 6th star (or 1st silver star with 1 gold star, if you want to look at it that way). The East was again less exciting, as New York City beat Columbus 2-1. Philadelphia knocked off Montreal 1-0, and Toronto won against New Jersey in a thriller, 3-2. Toronto pulled off the road win in Round 2 against Philadelphia, but were stopped by New York City as they head to their 2nd straight MLS Cup Finals in their 3 years of existence. The MLS Cup Finals was an afterthought, as NYCFC scored two early goals and got a clean sheet against the Galaxy for their first championship. After the game, the Empire State building's light is changed to powder blue as ecstatic fans parade around the city and the memories of last year's loss go down the drain.

ExJworW.png

YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: NYCFC GETS A BEAUTIFUL STAR ON THEIR KITS!!!!!!!!! Also pinstripes are overused in NYC concepts in my opinion. I believe in having an almost flag look a like kit for the away kit (One better than Columbus Crew's) while for a home kit I think orange white and blue stripes on a Man City blue would look nice 

Archived