Film production company logo/screen

Whittier S

My friends are submitting a short film to a festival contest and asked me to design their logo and wordmark as it will appear on film. We've gone through a few iterations and are narrowing in, but I'm not 100% comfortable with the execution.

The gradients make so much sense for mangoes, and add a bit of motion through implied line to an otherwise static logo, which I think is necessary to add whimsy. But I feel like they add a realism that isn't getting carried over to the leaves and spring. But to add vein work to the leaves and reflections to the spring will make the whole logo overly fussy, I think.

This has rapid turnaround; needs to be finished up tomorrow night, so any advice to help me get it there is much appreciated.

Mango Handgrip Title 1.png

rATMcmK.png

Also, not sure I'm feeling the color hierarchy--should the wordmark be red? orange? And yes, I'm going to kern the script. And yes, this isn't sports, but I trust y'all.

rATMcmK.png

Right, I'm going to tweak it more; the trick is the client *really* likes serif-y fonts. I'll send a few more to her in the mix; the challenge is that I'm running with limited internet access these days and I can't just download fonts whenever. My thought had been something more rounded and playful; this font was a compromise. I'll keep playing, though.

My big question is about the logo itself. Do I need to up the realism on the leaves and the spring of the handgrip?

rATMcmK.png

Archived