WVU Football Alternates?

Hypnotic

I dont post but mainly view the various topics on the board. I'm a WVU alum and have always wondered how Nike, Adidas, UA decide which schools get alternates. It seems as if everyone is getting new weekly threads on top of what they have. My question is, why is WVU  never getting any alternates or anything new. We do have our current uniforms that are about 4 years old with a gold,blue,white helmet and same colors for pants and jerseys. I'm not a big fan of them but I wish Nike would really invest time in doing WVU some justice. I feel like our combinations are just slapped together. the flying WV is a well known symbol. I'm just a frustrated fan that wishes WVU would get some love our way. I'm tired is seeing teams like Rutgers, Oklahoma State and others get blessed with new unis on top of what they already have. Thoughts?

West Virginia is not Nike's top school anymore so they don't get as much attention as Ohio State, Oregon or Michigan. Rutgers is a complete rebrand not just alternates. Same for Oklahoma State. It's also based on what the school requests.  That's why Oklahoma State has 4 versions of Pistol Pete on their helmet and 4 jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

West Virginia is not Nike's top school anymore so they don't get as much attention as Ohio State, Oregon or Michigan. Rutgers is a complete rebrand not just alternates. Same for Oklahoma State. It's also based on what the school requests.  That's why Oklahoma State has 4 versions of Pistol Pete on their helmet and 4 jerseys.

I have been praying for a re-brand for my Mountaineers for a while. Keep the flying WV but do it for all of our athletics.

I think if another coach comes in you'll see changes for WVU. A full rebrand across the entire athletic department could happen with a new AD. Personally, that number font and added black are the worst parts of their current look. And not wearing throwback uniforms when wearing throwback helmets makes no sense.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It depends on what the athletic department wants.  I'd like to see WVU get new unis, but once they have them, they really don't need 50 alternates on top of the regular set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The number font is horrible. After Luck left to go work for the NCAA, Shane Lyons came in. Maybe he doesn't want a change. I'm guessing unless we finish 1st or 2nd in the Big XII this year, Dana might be gone which I hate cause I like him but he keeps missing on our QB's. He gets jucos and transfers. I hope he is our HC next year cause we will be returning pretty much all of our starters and Will Grier from Florida has been on campus and will be our QB next year.

Lyons came to West Virginia after spending three years as the deputy director of athletics and chief operating officer at Alabama where he worked closely on day-to-day strategic leadership and direction with Alabama athletic directors – the late Mal Moore and current Athletic Director Bill Battle.

Archived