Tucson Roadrunners jerseys unveiled

BeerGuyJordan

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I'd imagine that the pants are just going to be black like the Coyotes. And it's pretty expensive for a team to have multiple breezers, especially an AHL team...

And what do you mean by Waist piping? Winnipeg doesn't have any piping on their jerseys...

I mean the stripes. Winnipeg's stripes around the waist follows the contour of the jersey and they start at the bottom of jersey; they're not straight horizontal. I'd like to see Tucson's current stripes brought down to bottom and follow the contour. If I can't have my wet dream of different colored pants for home and away come true, then I'll go with red. There are enough teams with black pants. Come to think of it, I think replacing black with a Winnipeg-like dark blue on these unis would be an improvement.

9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

No-one has any issues with the logo? 

That thing looks so bad. The head looks like an afterthought & he looks almost cross-eyed to me. The jerseys are fine. But that logo is terrible. It looks slapped together & isn't clean at all. 

I agree that there are a few things wrong about the head.  Almost looks like a cut and paste for the head onto the body - if I pictured the bird in motion, I would then immediately picture his head rolling off.

In many ways I'd prefer a return to the WHA/CHL/PHL era jerseys, but if they are looking for a "modernized" skating bird, I'd work a little more on the head.  Could also lose or at the very least change the "ROADRUNNERS" wordmark to something that doesn't look like an afterthought slapped on below the skating bird.  Even swapping the crests on the jerseys, as other have mentioned, would be a bit of an improvement.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 10/12/2016 at 9:11 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

No-one has any issues with the logo? 

That thing looks so bad. The head looks like an afterthought & he looks almost cross-eyed to me. The jerseys are fine. But that logo is terrible. It looks slapped together & isn't clean at all. 

I got most of my complaints out of the way at the unveiling of the logo, back in July. They used their in-house design team, instead of contracting it out.

The head still looks wonky, to me, but the logo has grown on me, a bit.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 10/11/2016 at 7:04 PM, elliott said:

yes I think it will be a patch on the jerseys, but they also have been using this logo all over the merchandise you can get on the online store. there is actually a really extensive online store for this team already, i was fairly surprised myself at the t-shirt selection especially. may or may not have purchased a couple ;) 

http://www.roadrunnersgear.com/

The unis are very clean. The copper is a nice touch that separates the overall feel from the Coyotes. 

They use the same company as the San Diego Gulls. Essentially, it's a Zazzle-like store where you pick a design and then pick what you want it put on. To me, and I say this as a Gulls fan, it screams cheap. I've heard the souvenirs in the arena are better but to not have an actual online shop is more ECHL than AHL.

Archived