MLB | Boston Red Sox Alternate Logo

Go Red Sox!

Yesterday I looked through all the Boston Red Sox logos here on CCSL and realized that I never really liked the club's alternate circular logo. I've never been a fan of the two red sox which have become the primary mark back in 2009 – although it's pretty comprehensible (I wish the "B" would become their primary one day). I'm also not happy with the dominance of the color white in that logo.

However, I decided to ditch the sox and replace it with the very famous and popular "B". I created two versions, a navy- and a red-heavy logo. I didn't change the basic design of the original mark from 2009, simply because it's a classic.

Link to the current circular logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/0bzkkgggeec16jy2ktp8jl7ej/Boston_Red_Sox/2009/Alternate_Logo

Boston%20Red%20Sox%20alternate%20logo%20

Boston%20Red%20Sox%20alternate%20logo%20

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

While it's certainly well designed, I think you'd need to have it stay the same from one background color to the next. Perhaps that means adding a white outline, but you might not even need that. It could be bold enough to stand out on its own. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, slapshot said:

It's clean, but you're replacing a roundel with city/nickname in the primary with roundels/city/nickname as alternates. Are you using these to replace the primary or secondary logo?

Thanks, slapshot!

Those two logos would replace the current alternate circular logo with the famous red sox in the center. Boston's primary mark (the two red "sox") would stay untouched.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

19 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

maybe just keep the laces all red as it is, but it looked good

Thanks, JMtexan09! The laces are now all red in both logos.

Archived