Revamping NBA Throwback Jerseys (Bulls Added)

nobizshowbiz

Hello everyone. I am very excited for the NBA to make the move over to Nike this upcoming season. And according to Nike, 8 teams will have throwback uniforms this year. I wanted to take a shot at some throwbacks, but I also wanted to modernize them. I will be posting uniforms for all 30 NBA teams, and maybe the Supersonics/All-Star teams. For uniform references, I used this thread by @eibram . First up,the Atlanta Hawks.

Atlanta Hawks

For the Hawks, I used a combination of their current color scheme/uniforms, and their Dominique Wilkins-era uniforms.

AtlantaHawks.thumb.png.eb89c1e4501c123659ae88212c700bd9.png

Please leave CC. Next up: Boston Celtics.

Boston Celtics

For the Celtics, it was harder for me to come up with something original, because uniform changes have been minimal since their first uniforms. I incorporated more gold in to the uniform, and that was about it for the uniform.

BostonCeltics.thumb.png.3a10c74dc72165694d1041fe7d40613b.png

Please leave CC. Next up: Brooklyn Nets.

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Don't particularly like Boston kinda bland may I ask which jersey are you revamping?

It's a combination of the iconic Celtics look that they've almost barely changed from 1946/present, and the 2006 green and gold jersey

Boston-Celtics-St-Patricks-Day-20121.png.85e89d3378b0643f14641a2f6df3bfa9.png

• nobizshowbiz changed the title to Revamping NBA Throwback Jerseys (Nets Added)

Charlotte Hornets

For the Hornets, I used their current honeycomb pattern, and their pre-2002 colors. I also put them as the only team to have the Jordan logo on their uniforms, just like Nike did. I couldn't decide between the set with white sides or purple sides, so please tell me which one looks better.CharlotteHornets.thumb.png.d8f7f2da7f596e0a88ec465e23865a2c.png

CharlotteHornets2.thumb.png.7e96b121bd4382fc154c447635d917ee.png

Please leave CC for any uniforms in this thread. Next up: Chicago Bulls.

Hawks - This is a very good modernization of the throwback jersey to which you're alluding! I think you could even carry the subtle triangle pattern across the chest swoop without any issues, and perhaps a complementary numeral font would work better with the wordmark font. All in all, I like what you've got so far!

Celtics - A little bland, but a team like the Celtics don't need anything too off-the-wall. I'd start by challenging yourself to do a little bit more with the shorts design than simply coloring a single panel gold and calling it a day.

Nets - The plain white side panel feels unnecessary, but everything else about this design is perfect!

Hornets - I'm not sure which throwback jersey you've revamping here, but I'd personally like to see something with their beloved pinstripes!

Nets v2

Only change was the white panel on the side was changed to blue.

BrooklynNets2.thumb.png.2e1c9edb463edad61237ad236daf5e6a.png

Celtics v2

I added the gold to the wordmark/numbers, and some gold/white stripes to the pants.

BostonCeltics2.thumb.png.a35062559daa321ddd28100e07553fc1.png

Hornets v2

I completely redesigned the uniform, adding the classic pinstripes that they had from 1989-2002, and changing the wordmark/font to the present-day "Hornets" wordmark/font.

CharlotteHornets3.thumb.png.2bf1cac021c62a781fe18e37ca53b174.png

Please leave CC. Next up: Chicago Bulls.

• nobizshowbiz changed the title to Revamping NBA Throwback Jerseys (Hornets updated)
  • nobizshowbiz changed the title to Revamping NBA Throwback Jerseys (Bulls Added)

Archived