New Blue Jays Uniforms to come?

Gothamite

Now that the Blue Jays have fired Carlos Tosca, we can start talking about what they'll do next.

I predict that if they don't perform well next season, we can start talking about new uniforms for them. Call it the Brewers/Padres syndrome. :P

Anybody want to start working on proposals?

although i wouldn't mind a change in uniforms, it'll be too soon to change again. Just because they fired Tosca doesn't mean that a uni change is up next. It would be welcomed, if they do, I think they have to get some elements of the old designs back, not all, but some.

does anyone know what it costs teams to change their uniforms/logos/looks for a season? it can't be cheap I'd imagine

It doesn't cost them anything. If it did, they wouldn't do it. Teams buy new uniforms etc. every season. They use up things like letterhead, and most merchandise is ordered new every year. The temporary sales bump that a change always causes pays for the changes.

Notice that I said "if they don't perform well next season". I don't think they'll change them after one, but if they perform this poorly next year, management might start to look at the idea.

Well, they have until May 1, 2005 to notify MLB on any change.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived