Lower Island Soccer Association

SportsDemon

I know someone made the same series as this, but the Lower Island soccer association hits home for me. This is my first topic so I'm experimenting here. I played for Prospect lake in this league and I have decided to do a cool project. There are 10 teams in this league. The league was founded on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. I will be doing the teams in alphabetical order.

In my opinion, the league looks outdated and needs a whole league re - brand. This is my take on the Lower Island Soccer Association. I will start with the league logo.

As you can see, we have the actual logo and my concept.

In my concept, we have the word "LISA" and a soccer ball in the bottom.

It's very hard to tell but in the background of the logo, we have a modernized maple leaf representing Canada, of course.

NEXT UP: Bays United

LISA concept.png

This looks like a pretty good start. The idea is good, but it looks a little dated in execution. My suggestions would be to make the leafs more visible and defined, choose a bolder font, and

show the whole ball, while making it smaller and symmetrical (Something like your profile pic). Otherwise, you're golden. Looking forward to the next team!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

I made the other one!

I actually want to revisit my concepts and see if I can come up with something more modern.

As for your version of the series, unfortunately I think you need to keep working on the LISA logo. What's the point of having a certain element when you can barely even see it? I think you need to work on the integration of the maple leaf. 

There's also quite a bit of awkward negative space between LISA and the ball. 

6 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Good ol' LISA... Those were the good old days. Won 2 District Cups back in the day. I do have a small request, PLEASE do a Cordova Bay and Gordon Head concept. I know they merged to become Saanich Fusion, but still have a soft spot for my old Cordova Bay days lol

For sure! I've been looking into those teams anyways! My family played in the same league with those two teams at least 20 years ago. 

FYI: Those two teams will be in the end, after I finish the teams in the league now. Two little bonuses.

23 minutes ago, SportsDemon said:

For sure! I've been looking into those teams anyways! My family played in the same league with those two teams at least 20 years ago. 

FYI: Those two teams will be in the end, after I finish the teams in the league now. Two little bonuses.

It still baffles me that Gordon Head didn't keep their brand. They were as big of a club as Bays and Gorge. 

I have Bays United for you!

Explanation:

In the logo, I have a river on top and many trees on the bottom. Bays United is green, which reminds me of nature.

When I was designing the jersey, I was thinking of a Manchester United 2016 - 2017 home kit. It was a half and half design with no gradients.

I got rid of gradients and made the jersey Adidas, which I will do for every jersey.

I gave the sponsor Canadian Tire because I found it on the Bays United website.

NEXT UP: Cowichan Valley Soccer Association 

green bays.png

4 hours ago, Xamboni said:

It still baffles me that Gordon Head didn't keep their brand. They were as big of a club as Bays and Gorge. 

For sure, I didn't play in the league at the time but with all the facts I've found out, it seems strange. I don't get why a pretty big club just decides to change name and identity. Maybe it was out of date, but you have to waste hundreds of dollars in re naming. Anyone have ideas or reasons why Gordon Head re - branded? I'm curious.

14 hours ago, SportsDemon said:

For sure, I didn't play in the league at the time but with all the facts I've found out, it seems strange. I don't get why a pretty big club just decides to change name and identity. Maybe it was out of date, but you have to waste hundreds of dollars in re naming. Anyone have ideas or reasons why Gordon Head re - branded? I'm curious.

I think it was because Cordova Bay was losing numbers overall and in order to survive had to merge with another club. They tried it in the late 90's early 2000's with Propect Lake but that died for some reason. The merger became necessary for survival for both clubs (again, due to loss of numbers) and I would imagine the name change had to happen to appease both clubs. I remember that Gordon Head has many illustrious alumni such as Steve and Martin Nash and a TSN reporter (although can't recall the name). Either they clubs' catchment area grew significantly as well as more fields being made available to both clubs. Cordova Bay only had the use of Lochside Park (2 full size fields and 1 half field) and Cordova Bay Elementary (2 half fields). Either way, LISA lost 2 unique colour schemes in Gordon Head (yellow & blue) and Cordova Bay (burgundy & sky blue). Looking forward though to seeing that Cordova Bay one at the end.

7 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I think it was because Cordova Bay was losing numbers overall and in order to survive had to merge with another club. They tried it in the late 90's early 2000's with Propect Lake but that died for some reason. The merger became necessary for survival for both clubs (again, due to loss of numbers) and I would imagine the name change had to happen to appease both clubs. I remember that Gordon Head has many illustrious alumni such as Steve and Martin Nash and a TSN reporter (although can't recall the name). Either they clubs' catchment area grew significantly as well as more fields being made available to both clubs. Cordova Bay only had the use of Lochside Park (2 full size fields and 1 half field) and Cordova Bay Elementary (2 half fields). Either way, LISA lost 2 unique colour schemes in Gordon Head (yellow & blue) and Cordova Bay (burgundy & sky blue). Looking forward though to seeing that Cordova Bay one at the end.

Cordova had Claremont as well, played a number of games there.

22 hours ago, SportsDemon said:

I have Bays United for you!

Explanation:

In the logo, I have a river on top and many trees on the bottom. Bays United is green, which reminds me of nature.

When I was designing the jersey, I was thinking of a Manchester United 2016 - 2017 home kit. It was a half and half design with no gradients.

I got rid of gradients and made the jersey Adidas, which I will do for every jersey.

I gave the sponsor Canadian Tire because I found it on the Bays United website.

NEXT UP: Cowichan Valley Soccer Association 

green bays.png

I don't think there is a single river within the Bays United area. There are creeks such as Bowker Creek, but otherwise I don't think a river is a good symbol for Bays. The wave is pretty iconic. 

I'm a former Bays player (12 years) and am currently coaching for Bays now, so I take offense to the random river :P

Jersey looks great, I would just switch the shorts to black as that's our secondary colour. 

12 minutes ago, Xamboni said:

I don't think there is a single river within the Bays United area. There are creeks such as Bowker Creek, but otherwise I don't think a river is a good symbol for Bays. The wave is pretty iconic. 

I'm a former Bays player (12 years) and am currently coaching for Bays now, so I take offense to the random river :P

Jersey looks great, I would just switch the shorts to black as that's our secondary colour. 

I agree, but I couldn't fit in a wave that would actually look good. I will check out the black shorts and see how it looks. If it looks not half bad, I can post it.

13 hours ago, Xamboni said:

Cordova had Claremont as well, played a number of games there.

I know that came later on after I moved on. I remember they had the Trio Gravel Pit field (was up from the gravel pit and was an actual field) but its now all housing up there. I also know that Claremont has been approved to get a brand new turf field on the upper field inside the track so that will make Saanich Fusion happy... Anyways, don't want to hijack this as I'm excited to see what designs SportsDemon can come up with.

I have Cowichan Valley ready!

For this concept, I made the logo more basic and clean.

For the jersey, I changed the striping pattern from up to down from side to side.

I made the sponsor Honda because it was once again found on the website.

Anyways, here it is!

CVSA.png

Archived