The Gates Are Closed

CC97

Should We Allow Guests to View Topics on the Board Again?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Such a measure might not stop a screen shot though.

Bingo!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

There's always the screen shot option. As well, most of the JavaScripts that disable right-clicking are vulnerable in some way or another. Most don't work in all browsers, some can allow a right-click if you left-click first, etc.

It's always an option but it would only stop some people, it shouldn't be viewed as a complete solution.

The best solution I've seen so far is to put the images you're trying to protect into a Flash movie, which you can't right-click on to save. The print screen still works but since it's Flash you have the option of putting in a moving watermark that gets in the way of that.

There are anti-print screen scripts but most are not freeware and are pretty costly, if they work at all.

I was trying to think of a way, to put the images inside a flash movie (maybe even dynamically to avoid all the hassle) and then have the CNTRL or Print screen buttons have functions within the flash movie that add a "protective" layer over them....like a closing door activated by hitting one or both of those buttons if you will.

Think that's a possibility? I'm more waxing philosophical here.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I was trying to think of a way, to put the images inside a flash movie (maybe even dynamically to avoid all the hassle) and then have the CNTRL or Print screen buttons have functions within the flash movie that add a "protective" layer over them....like a closing door activated by hitting one or both of those buttons if you will.

That should work

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You can dynamically load JPEGs into a Flash movie but that's it as far as I know. I've tried GIFs and PNGs and they don't work. Supposedly you can use PHP and an old version of the GD library to get GIFs to work (damn Compuserve patent) but I don't have an old version of the GD library so I haven't tried it. Also, I doubt that's an option for a lot of the board members.

Can you assign an action to the Prt Scr/Ctrl buttons in Flash? I've never even thought about it.

I voted yes.

Now I don't submit work or even try, I'll leave that to those of you with talent. :D

But I found this message board and browsed a long time before joining. I love sports logo's and uniform concepts, but if the board would have made me registered first I don't know if I would have bothered.

That's just my 2 cents.

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

I'm going to re-open the gates for now... please watermark your work if you are uncomfortable.

I will bar guests from viewing the requests forum.

So basically I'll leave it the same for now, perhaps some forum shuffling in the future... we'll see how it goes.

Any questions, comments, concerns, please post or PM.

Thanks,

Chris

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived