Instant Replay In The Olympics?

Retromaniac

not necessarily. The reason the kick was not judged illegal at the time is because the judges do not have the video access that the fans and television networks do. Everyone but the judges saw the allegedly illegal kick underwater.

What needs to be done is to give the judges access to more video angles. Get special underwater judges, or give them underwater video feeds, and then this problem is solved.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think they shoudl tehy have the angkles and all why not get it right. Its a 2 minute race and 1 second 1 little cheat can make all teh difference.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I have always thought the use of video needs to be done really really carefully. Most replays that are used are slow motion, which distort the perception of the image, you ave a slow 2-d image to look at rather than a normal speed 3-d image which judges using there naked eye will use. I honestly don't know what the answer is to be honest, except that athletes should always accept the judgement of umpires, referees etc, however that decision is made

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Okay, I'm a swimmer so...

A dolphin kick is the kick that most commonly goes with the butterfly stroke.

It is basically the simple motion of keeping your legs together, moving them at the same time, with minimal knee bend, and usually getting your rear up and down with each kick.

Can you guys picture that? It's sort of hard to explain.

Well, here, I'll take it more simplistic...imagine your legs are one, not two, and you have a fin, like..well... a dolphin...it's the up and down motion of how you'd get the fin to propel you forward...

Making sense to anyone?

Dolphin kick is also used when pushing off the wall in backstroke, and when going into a turn in freestyle. It's not something I've ever been taught to do, but I think I might have seen some swimmers push off the wall in freestyle with dolphin kick, too. Both backstroke and freestyle use flutter kick (simple seperated leg up and down kick) for the rest of the stroke, but dolphin is not illegal in certain parts of the swim.

The only stroke that dolphin kick has no relevance to is breastroke (simply...frog swim)...hence the contreversy.

Yes, they need to incorporate it. This isn't the first time this has been an issue and it won't be the last.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived