Local Sports Teams

Breakwood

Well I'm up the night before the Northern Football Conference Championship game where my local Milton Marauders will Play the 16 time Champs Oakville Longhorns, and I was wondering about all yous guys and your local teams that you follow.

The Milton Marauders play in the NFC a league in Ontario for people over the age of 19. We were the first team to beat Oakville in 4 seasons and will go for the title in only our third year of exsistance.

1zqy8ok.gif

the only local sports team i follow is the Thrashers but thats nhl. i don't really follow local minor league sports.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

the local teams here are as follows:

football: Racine Raiders, North American FL (kickin ass last saturday as usual), Racine Threat, Wisconsin State FL (don't know much about em except they're in their second season, i think)

baseball: Racine Kiwanis, Land-O-Lakes BL. most of the more talented college players from the city play for em

and for clarity, all three are semipro teams. although the local rec leagues, you can usually find their scores for basketball and softball.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

football: Racine Raiders, North American FL (kickin ass last saturday as usual), Racine Threat, Wisconsin State FL (don't know much about em except they're in their second season, i think)

baseball: Racine Kiwanis, Land-O-Lakes BL. most of the more talented college players from the city play for em

and for clarity, all three are semipro teams. although the local rec leagues, you can usually find their scores for basketball and softball.

Hey what ever happened to the Kenosha Kroakers dude? my buddy used to live in Kenosha.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Kansas Koyotes of the APFL. It's Indoor Football....the league is run VERY bad. The Koyotes have won the title both years. They have never lost a game or been in danger of losing a game. It's pathetic, they have talent good enough for the NIFL, but the other teams are just regular Joe's. It's like watching the Globtrotters ever game. Thing is people are dumb enough around here to drop $50.00 for the seats at the boards. I on the other hand, recieved free tickets all year. It was something to fill the void between Hockey and REAL Football. Man i miss the old IFL days.....

Topeka Capitals were a National Baseball Congress team for 10 years. They basically were teams of College players during the summer. It was amature, but some people followed it. They folded this year because the city dropped it's funding of them.

Down here in the 7-5-7 we have:

Norfolk Tides (AAA baseball)

Peninsula Pilots (Coastal Plains League summer college baseball)

Norfolk Admirals (AHL hockey)

Virginia Beach Mariners (A-League men's soccer)

Williamsburg Legacy (PDL men's soccer)

Hampton Roads Piranhas (W-League women's soccer)

...and with any luck, we'll soon have the Norfolk Expos. :lol:

Back to reality... There's also lots of college sports action around here: Hampton U., Norfolk State U., William & Mary, and especially the always amazing queens of the hardwood :P --the Lady Monarchs of Old Dominion University.

Oh, and Division III football powerhouse Christopher Newport University. :lol:

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Well of course Salt Lake City has the Utah Jazz of the NBA, but they're the only major league team -- until the MLS starts playing. After that I follow the Salt Lake Stingers of the PCL (AAA baseball); Utah Grizzlies of the AHL; and that's about it.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

Uh..in Evansville, just south of me:

Evansville Otters (Frontier League Baseball)

Evansville BlueCats (???)

Evansville Vipers (Semi-Pro Football of somekind)

College:

University of Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

& University of Evansville Purple Aces.

I prefer High School Football.

Also, anyone who follows NASCAR:

Darrel Waltrip, Michael Waltrip, Jeff & David Green, and Jeremy Mayfield all are from nearby Owensboro, Kentucky.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

baseball: Racine Kiwanis, Land-O-Lakes BL.  most of the more talented college players from the city play for em

and for clarity, all three are semipro teams.  although the local rec leagues, you can usually find their scores for basketball and softball.

Hey what ever happened to the Kenosha Kroakers dude? my buddy used to live in Kenosha.

they been gone...i think they even revived the K-Twins for a season after the Kroakers went under, to no avail. And last year the Frontier League's Kenosha Mammoths played down there but moved after teh season.

besides, as my location reads I live in Racine, not Kenosha, but if you want their list, here goes:

football: Kenosha Vikings...they used to be strong, but they fell off. i don't even know if they could even get on the field right against the Raiders nowadays

hockey: Kenosha Komets...a friend of mine who i got to know while playing floor hockey in gym used to play for these guys. him being a fellow Avs fan helped :D cus he was as confident that he could light me up as i was that i could shut him down :hockeysmiley:

baseball: I have no idea WHY neither the Ray or the Keno don't have a stadium that could house an A-ball team...oh, right, we already have stadium-sized prisons :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My younger brother (who's playing at Concordia next year) got an invitation from one of his friends to play in the Land 'O Lakes League, I forgot which team. He decided to stay with his team from last year, who plays in the Milwaukee Adult Baseball League (which use to be the county minor league). I guess it was a good decision on his part, they won the league championship last weekend :D

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived