Seattle Emeralds

CaptainBuzKill

I know some reports state the "Emeralds" name has pretty much been out out to pasture... And that I'm definitely not the first person or last person to make a Seattle concept, but I wanted to make an attempt. I'm not the best logo designer, that's usually kept for actual artists, of which I am not, but I feel I've made a pretty good effort at getting a decent looking design out there.

I started with a logo, more specifically, the "Inaugural Season" logo. I designed it as the main logo first, and got the jersey design elements from it, i.e. the Triangular patterns. After finishing I thought the designed looked fine, but the logo looked a bit One-Dimensional. So I went into redesigning it and I think it looks a bit more respectable. I opted to re-purpose it into an Inaugural Season patch instead.

Seattle is known as the Emerald City, and when I think Emerald, I think of the green jewel, as many do, so I decided to make the logo a gem/jewel styled design (I've also been playing alot of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy). There aren't alot of dual shade jersey designs in professional sports, if any, so I decided to go with a two-toned green to coincide with the term of Emerald City. I thought about changing the gold accents mostly because we just had an expansion team use Gold in their main color scheme... but I figured as an accent, and not a main color, it was passable. I also don't know what color could be used in its place.

All that said, please take a look and review. I'd love some feedback and will try to test some theories out! 

CxHIZxZ.jpgWyUC262.jpg

Archived