Branding the Brooklyn Jam (an OG CCSLC homecoming)

AAO

👋❤️ It's been entirely too long, CCSLC. How I've missed partaking here.. back after a few quieter years of browsing through. 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/76186641/Branding-Brooklyn-Jam

Teaser image:

Spoiler

7d26af76186641.5c62807f6a725.png

For those of you that don't know me, I joined this board when I was all of 17 (almost 32 now)... and was part of a select assortment of designers, that started their careers on concepts made in MS Paint, (yes that MS Paint, in all of its pixelated nostalgia). Gained so much knowledge here, not just at the level of sports branding, but design in general. It's great to see how far Chris has brought this endeavor.

I'd like to update you all with a recent project, involving the development of a charity basketball tournament, taking place annually in Brooklyn, NY, at the infamous Basketball City (2017) as well as Sportika Sports (2018). The tourney, in addition to a series of five-on-five games leading to a championship, for boys' in their junior high-high school years, boasts a robust dunk contest, featuring dunkers from TNT's Dunk King, and many guest appearances from current NBA players, and NY basketball legends (Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson, John Starks, Kyle O'Quinn, and Quincy Acy, to name a few). I've recently added the project to my Behance portfolio, and would like to share here.

This, paired with the 2014 NBA Summer League design internship, were the closest I've come to professional sports branding. There's a project also on my Behance, dedicate to this intthat displays some of the creative from that year's Summer League, where I interned through the entirety of the 2-week rookie-packed event, as lead designer, in Las Vegas: https://www.behance.net/gallery/18595973/Designing-the-2014-NBA-Summer-League.  (This page in my portfolio needs some serious updating, as I did with the Brooklyn Jam, but still shows the greater parts of the project.

I've got more work to share, and I hope to be posting over the next few weeks, in tandem with updating my portfolios. I hope everyone from the days of yesteryear are doing well; designing and thriving. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!!

Bonus content: MY OLD WEBSITE containing all of the MS PAINT madness!! Enjoy!!

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/logoandunifrmconcpts/

**I admit that I've slacked tremendously on updating the NBA uniforms section of the site; most of which I created the images of each, currently on display. I have aspirations to jump back in this, though its a tedious task--I'd surely benefit from a team that could split some time on updating it. With all of the new Nike unis, its sure to be a heavy (but fun) lift.

Archived