Low Crown 59Fifty question

Lots of good posts here. I don’t worry about 5950s stretching out. With a lot of wear, the poly hats will conform to your head and maybe even shrink a little, but nothing like the shrinkage you would get with the wool 5950s. The biggest difference I’ve seen between the traditional 5950s and the low profile is I believe the low profile runs slightly smaller. I buy a 7 5/8 when I’m getting a traditional 5950, but choose 7 3/4 when buying low profile. Might be the size and shape of my head, but going a size up works for me better on the low profile caps. 

21 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

LOL I always remove the sticker on the top of the brim, but usually leave the hologram sticker (or stickers in the case of my WS Dodgers caps) on the bottom

So you can glance up from time to time when you can’t remember that it’s genuine?  😛 

52 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Lots of good posts here. I don’t worry about 5950s stretching out. With a lot of wear, the poly hats will conform to your head and maybe even shrink a little, but nothing like the shrinkage you would get with the wool 5950s. The biggest difference I’ve seen between the traditional 5950s and the low profile is I believe the low profile runs slightly smaller. I buy a 7 5/8 when I’m getting a traditional 5950, but choose 7 3/4 when buying low profile. Might be the size and shape of my head, but going a size up works for me better on the low profile caps. 

Opposite for me. A normal hat size for me is 7 5/8 but I go one size down to 7 1/2 when wearing a low profile. 

XM4KeeA.png

If you wanna stretch out a cap, soak the sumbitch and then wear it til it's dry.. maybe get a hat Jack, put a wet cap on it, and use a hair dryer on high.. if you're slightly melting it to conform it down a size, you can also stretch it while it's in the "sightly melted" state

As far as sizing inconsistencies go, I got 7-1/8, 7-1/4, and 7-1/2, and each one feels appropriately larger than the smaller one, so I must have got lucky and received a good match. 

For or whatever reason I don’t think they had it in 7-3/8, which I found odd. 

Also, they only had a circle sticker on the brim, not the full-brim version. Nothing underneath. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived