Save the phx suns!

amare32

I miss the old jerseys with the flaming ball.  That was taking the Blazers jersey and give it a nifty purple flare.  Now, they look like everybody else.  I agree, the grey is just not right.  The main colors are purple and orange.  Grey is only a highlight color.  If anyone can add some more orange to their current jersey, I would be happy.  Grey is Bad!  Silver is Good!!!

I really like the re-designed logo they came up with in 2000, and actually really like the colors, but hate the uniforms.

The typeface they use in their primary logo is good - why don't they use it on the uniforms?  I hate the oval-thing behind the numbers as well.  I also dislike the line/stripe coming up from the sides and through the shoulders.

I think if they used elements from the primary logo, and balanced the colors a little better (Gray on the road unis, no Gray on the home ones), they could look MUCH better.

Here are their colors for reference:

PHOENIX SUNS PURPLE

PHOENIX SUNS ORANGE

PHOENIX SUNS GRAY

PHOENIX SUNS YELLOW

PHOENIX SUNS RED

PHOENIX SUNS BLACK

I ekil gniklat yllacitpyrc!

Anyway. I mean that those jerseys could form the basis for something wicked-awesome. Some how I think you could incorpate the sun-like jaggedness into the trim, and incorporate some of the colours the suns don't use much in their jerseys (like that nice gold, and maybe some red even?)

Anyway, you've done a wonderful job already, and I understand that it can be tough to keep adding on elements and editing them with jerseys in raster programs.

Good work, G.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived