Personal Logo

ec5

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.  This is a personal logo going under the name "Crown Creative" for now.  In Croatian, my last name is spelled with a "Č."  I've tried to turn the haček/caron into a stylized crown.  So it hints towards my actual last name and the name "Crown Creative."  There's a cross on the crown, both to help give it an appearance of a crown and because I'm Catholic.  I've added some lettering to the right of the logo.  The coloring is in a pale gold/silver for effect.  I also have brighter versions.  I like the gold look because I think it can look good on black, blue, and red backgrounds, and obviously ties in with "crown."

spacer.png

Here's a slightly different version that makes the hacek/caron more visible within the crown.  

spacer.png

It's certainly not bad, but it's not very distinctive, either. With a personal logo, you truly want it to be personal, which I think it is, but that means you also need to stand out. When you zoom out and look at this from far away, it just looks like a "C" with a dot on top. I think you need to find a way to make it more than a letter with a touch of you, and turn it more into a personal mark that also happens to have the letter C in it.

It's not bad, but it can still be better.

6 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

It's certainly not bad, but it's not very distinctive, either. With a personal logo, you truly want it to be personal, which I think it is, but that means you also need to stand out. When you zoom out and look at this from far away, it just looks like a "C" with a dot on top. I think you need to find a way to make it more than a letter with a touch of you, and turn it more into a personal mark that also happens to have the letter C in it.

It's not bad, but it can still be better.

Thanks for the comment, Zeus.  I think that's a good point.  The "C" does take up a lot of the logo and overpowers it; this is even more obvious now that you've mentioned it.  I'd like to play around with the idea rather than scrapping it though.

I'm wondering scaling down the "C" balances things out more.  I was also thinking of using just the crown as a secondary image.

spacer.pngspacer.png

i think the most interesting color is the bright gold you’re using. i wouldnt put it on 100% black though, thats too stark. try a 90% black or add a bit of color to it. blue, purple, red...

id remove the cross; your religion isnt relevant to you as a designer. no ones going to care about that or hire you based on it and it just makes the logo more complex than it needs to be. focus on the crown and C

explore some different fonts as well. create your own C. if im a CD or AD looking to hire a designer for a project, seeing that you chose something so stock and basic as your own logo turns me off. just explore that some more

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  I appreciate it.

In regard to the cross, I'm quite religious, so I'll likely keep it in.  Realistically, this will likely stay a personal rather than professional logo, so I think it's better that the logo represents who I am rather than be concerned how others may view it.  Since most heraldic crowns have a cross on them (including Canada's), I like how I can include in a natural way rather than just throwing a cross in there randomly.  Though, I may play around with the size/shape.

@BrandMooreArt I've taken your advice regarding the "C" to heart.  It does look too plain and is starting to remind me of a C-clamp.

Here are some different designed for the "C."  If you have any thoughts, please let me know.  I've created a "C" with a slash going through it.  Tried to make it look almost like a sash.  The 4th version is the busiest, though it forms a lowercase "e" and my first name is spelled with the same letter.  I find the elements are similar to the Real Madrid logo, though this wasn't my intention.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats definitely a better letterform than before. id vote number 1 as best. im not seeing a reason for the sash to be incorporated and the last one could be confused for an e

Thanks for your thoughts.  My intent was to break up the letter a bit and since sashes are often worn by royalty/nobility, I was trying to tie it together that way.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:15 PM, Zeus89725 said:

I really do like the fourth option. It's visually appealing, unique, and meaningful. The sash was a good idea.

Thanks for your thoughts, Zeus.  When you stare at the same logo for too long, it's hard to know how a fresh set of eyes will view something.

I'll probably play around with sash and no-sash versions for a couple weeks and see what happens.  Really appreciate all the comments.  It's not 100% where I want it yet, but it's moving in a better direction and that's mainly due to all of your help.

• 4 months later...

Have some updates, if any one has any thoughts/suggestions.  I'm trying out different versions with a "sash."

Quick run down on the logo:

• My last name is spelled with a  Č, so I'm trying to turn the caron/accent into a crown logo.
  • My initials are EC, so the sash forms a bit of a lower case "e"

Changes: Moved the sash higher on the shoulder to look more natural and narrowed the crown.

The difference with these two variations is I've added more to the second crown.  

spacer.png

Archived