My School Monogram

chcarlson23

My school, the University of Northwestern-St. Paul, has never had a solid monogram, and I have been trying to make one. This is what I have so far. The thing about my school is that everyone calls it UNW, and not like NW, or anything. So I felt that all three letters needed to be present in the monogram, and all three should have similar visual weight. Because it's UNW, not Unw, or uNW...

I would love some feedback on how to make this better! 

spacer.png

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

23 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

My school, the University of Northwestern-St. Paul, has never had a solid monogram, and I have been trying to make one. This is what I have so far. The thing about my school is that everyone calls it UNW, and not like NW, or anything. So I felt that all three letters needed to be present in the monogram, and all three should have similar visual weight. Because it's UNW, not Unw, or uNW...

I would love some feedback on how to make this better! 

spacer.png

I would look at Leeds United's old monogram logo and try to come up with something that reflects that. This is a good start in identifying a direction, but that font will not be received well as a logo for an educational system. 

Image result for leeds united logo

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I would start by making the letters more recognizable on their own first. I think giving the letters some character with the font selection is a good thing, but if they become hard to identify, then once you overlap the letters it becomes quite messy and hard to understand. I think the use of two colors will be helpful with a 3-letter monogram though, so I would keep that.

You might make use of the shape of the letter U by putting the other two letters inside of it, and maybe the N and W overlap each other but are entirely inside the U, not overlapping with it. Just a thought.

Archived