Pantone Color Help

Nick 1733

I created a utility that allows me to take CMYK or RGB values and match 'em up to pretty much any type of color you can come up with.

Tell me which ones you're looking for, and I'll run 'em through...

I created a utility that allows me to take CMYK or RGB values and match 'em up to pretty much any type of color you can come up with.

you happen to be selling that utility in any way shape or form? I'd love to be able to do that both at home and at work!

Pantone, (and this may get way off topic) why is it that the CMYK to PMS is so wacky between our most common programs? a CMYK value (or RGB for that matter) in CorelDraw, Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks all convert slightly different. doesn't Pantone Corp license it's color system/engine, so you'd think they would read color consistantly. i know Pantone Corp has their own propritary software, but it's pretty pricey if i recall correctly (even for us in the pre-press/print production fields). can you elaborate on behalf of your namesake? :D

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

you happen to be selling that utility in any way shape or form? I'd love to be able to do that both at home and at work!

Well...it's a MS Access app, so there are some inherent problems with that, but I am planning to eventually make it a VB app...maybe even a web-enabled app. However, the real problems are with copyright issues. I've got 33,000+ colors in this thing; Pantone solids in coated, uncoated, matte, metallics, pastels, process colors, textiles in paper and cotton, Robison-Anton threads, Liebe twill, and soon, all of the Marathon and Madeira threads, among many others. I store everything from sRGB255, sRGB100, Adobe RGB, CMYK, Euro CMYK, Hexachrome, CIE-L*ab, formula breakdowns, etc. Anything you can think of for a color. This information is somewhat propriatary, and I think some of these manufacturers wouldn't like it too much if were to sell some of this stuff without permission. And, I have no idea what it would take to GET permission.

I have thought about this though, and plan to do something with it SOMEDAY...

Archived