kb105

American Union of Interscholastic Athlettics

I've been drawing logos since I was younger, but only recently gotten into digital design. The many different concepts I've seen I feel has expanded my abilities and has led to me wanting to get some feedback to even better my work. I hope you guys enjoy this and now I present to you, the American Union of Interscholastic Athletics.spacer.pngspacer.png

First of all, love the school name. It can be really difficult to think of original school names, and you've definitely done that. I think the concept will be really polished if you stick to only two of the colors (IMO red rock and hoodoo orange). If you're planning on doing as many schools as I think you are, having more simplified color schemes for each school will help keep each one more unique. You've also picked a really unique nickname, but looks like you've run into a bit of trouble in the logo for it. Picking a logo base solely off a natural land-form will always been tricky, because it ends up looking really blobbish by the end of tracing linework. Run with the hammer thing, but really try to simplify it down to it's key shapes. As well as this, I'd get rid of the text on your primary or secondary. Make the hammer thing the real focal point of the logo, the text will only clutter it. Personally, I think you really have something to work with with your tertiary, go with it! I know I just threw a lot at you, but it's a good start and it will look even better with a bit more polish! Looking forward to what else you come up with

Dropped the text, sharpened, refined the outline. Just wondering what the colors should be.

spacer.png

Have you thought about maybe putting the shape of the rock inside of the B? The two wide areas could be the two "holes" in the letter.
"

I like option 3.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:18 AM, jmoe12 said:

Have you thought about maybe putting the shape of the rock inside of the B? The two wide areas could be the two "holes" in the letter.
"

21 hours ago, ItsSlothy said:

I like option 3.

I tried to put the shape in the B, but it didn't look right, so instead I put it in the G's negative space, instead. I also lightened the Hoodoo Orange up a bit to create better contrast with the Red Rock.

spacer.png 

I'd swap the promary and Secondary logos and maybe have tighther Kearning on the wordmark.

Ither than that you look good.