Legendary Sports Moments Had Things Gone Differently

Red Comet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

ESPN will re-air the game I will mention in this post tonight.

2003 Fiesta Bowl. If the refs did not call pass-interference on Glenn Sharpe allowing the 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes to win the BCS title, The Miami Hurricanes' already great early 2000's dynasty would have been longer, Larry Coker has two rings (at least, who knows how much more NC's they would have won, they could have been 2010s Bama), their dominance would have carried over to the ACC.

I'll never understand the narrative that Miami got hosed in that game.

spacer.png

Regardless, there's no way they would have ever been 2010s Bama with Coker in charge. Coker was a subpar coach who only got the job because Butch Davis' players wanted him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 6/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, Lights Out said:

I'll never understand the narrative that Miami got hosed in that game.

Regardless, there's no way they would have ever been 2010s Bama with Coker in charge. Coker was a subpar coach who only got the job because Butch Davis' players wanted him.

Easy.  Because people only focus on the last call.

I used to know the call that allowed that game to even get to OT (i.e., without it OSU wins in regulation).  Maybe you have it pictured.  I thought it was a 4th down PI call on OSU that kept Miami's drive alive but maybe it was a missed call on Miami that turned it over on downs?  In any case, if we're going to try to blame officials, we have to look at more than just the last call.  My memory (as faded as it is) is that the last key call of regulation enabled the game to even get Miami to OT...but nobody (myself included) remembers that one.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived