rmered

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does the new one look like?

Not the boxing one?

405380at.jpg

(Sorry, don't have a bigger version)

That's the silliest mascot of them all, that kangaroo is all beat up.

He's got a black eye and cuts all over.

That's what I was referring to. Isn't that the current one? I think there's some kids merchandise with that character

Well it can't worse that this:

Hawthorn_mascot.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

We could then spend hours doing something I really enjoy, designing footy jumpers.

PS Carlton Blues are disgusting, they are horrible. They are the dark side.

Don't go near them.

i agree that we coiuld spend hours designing footy jumpers....

c'mon i have to go to Optus so i can rub in our 100pt wins (well, they moved it to Telstra) we don't get scheduled an away game to carlton at MCG or telstra- they have to want the extra money (which they need)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The current bunch of mascots is technically those kiddie-friendly characters that reside in what is apparently called Mascot Manor. They are heavily linked into AusKick and all that marketing brouhaha.

And other than Rick The Rock Eagle, they generally suck :)

The current bunch of mascots is technically those kiddie-friendly characters that reside in what is apparently called Mascot Manor. They are heavily linked into AusKick and all that marketing brouhaha.

And other than Rick The Rock Eagle, they generally suck :)

Rod, are you going soft?

Other than Rick the Rock?

They are horrible, all 16. Don't go excluding the worst of them simply because it's from your team.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Rod, are you going soft?

They are horrible, all 16. Don't go excluding the worst of them simply because it's from your team.

You didn't see the one we had before him! (he wore that nasty ochre thing, too...)

Actually I have to admit I have something of a soft spot for Mr Rock Eagle, if only because he is the team's "real" mascot as well as the kiddie version, and he transcends the desperate merchandise aura quite well :)

Rod, are you going soft?

You didn't see the one we had before him! (he wore that nasty ochre thing, too...)

Actually I have to admit I have something of a soft spot for Mr Rock Eagle, if only because he is the team's "real" mascot as well as the kiddie version, and he transcends the desperate merchandise aura quite well :)

That soft spot is obviously at the highest point of your body.

Nothing the AFL does like this works.

It's just one of those things one should accept.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

That soft spot is obviously at the highest point of your body.

Nothing the AFL does like this works.

It's just one of those things one should accept.

Yes but I don't give a rat's about what the AFL does with him, because I almost never see it (those godawful TV ads are a case in point). As used by the club, he works quite well and isn't nearly as offensive as, say, said advertisement.

I think you're just jealous that the Bombers had to resort to insects to find a decent mascot ;)

I still think he's a pretty cool mascot.

I like mascot logos when they're done well. The Reds' Running Man, Mr. Met, the Brewers' Beer Barrel Man, the Cleveland Brownie, the original Milwaukee Buck and even the old Denver Nugget prospector.

Perhaps he's well done, I claim no expertise in mascot evaluation.

However, what I don't like about him is that his character bears all but no resemblance to the team, apart from the fact that they dressed him in goggles, scarf and aviator hat.

I guess it's the same as my hockey team, the Canucks. Canucks are not Orca whales. They are Canadian people. The Vancouver Giants logo logo_thumbnail.gifmore closely resembles the image of a Canuck. Orca Bay own them, I know, but we don't see the Islanders changing to the Yahoo logo. Or Michael Heisley's Grizzlies changing theirs to a steaming pile of dog droppings. (Not still bitter, really)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

actaually, Fitzroy does exist in the VAFA (amo's) they are known as Fitzroy Reds and play at the old Brunswick Street OVal

I know Fitzroy still technically exists (not in the AFL, which is what I was saying), but why have a sister club from a 3rd division comp? All the others are with AFL clubs.

Just seemed funny to see a team sistering with a team that hasn't been in the AFL for nearly a decade, and hasn't won an AFL premiership since the 40s.

Archived