Ea sports shows new unis

Puckguy14

Yeah, I hope the new game includes all the solid color unis worn this past year, like those of New England, Chicago, Buffalo, Seattle, Philly...basically they should have a solid color alternate for every team. :D They should also include the alternate color jerseys for Cleveland, Denver, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Carolina...but they probably won't.

I really hope Madden 2004 is like NBA Live 2003 in where you can wear teams throwback and alternate jerseys. I really want to play a season with the Broncos new jerseys with orange being the main color.

Probably, they have lots of different types of uniforms you can switch to and from, but I don't know if they'll have all your favorite solid color uniforms.

However, NCAA Football 2003 has just all the alternatse for the college teams but no throwbacks. Like Miami has 6 uniforms of mix and match jerseys and pants.

sig09.jpg

The only time the Cardinals' Red jerseys have changed was in 1970 or 1971 when they had a one-year experiment and trimmed the numbers in Black.

They used them in 1976 - I have a team picture (autographed by Jim Bakken!).  The jerseys were a brighter red, closer to what the Falcons used to wear, and the numbers were white trimmed in black.  Of course, from the early 70's until the 1984 season, the Cardinals almost always wore their white jerseys at home, so the red jerseys, whatever the color or format, were used about as frequently as Dallas's blue jerseys.

If they actually had these jerseys in '76, they didn't use them on the field.  I would have been so happy, I would've made naughty in my pants.  I was SO into the Cards during that time-period (as opposed to...!), and was constantly bombarding the team with letters requesting changes - especially adding Black to the home Red jerseys.  The Red wasn't lighter either - a lot of times, photographs of the Cardinals had the Red show up in lighter shades.  They were on MNF a couple times that year (I believe they went 10-4-0 and just missed the playoffs), and the jerseys were not altered.  I spoke to the long-time equipment manager for the Cardinals around 1985, and he explained the Black trim experiement; he said that they tried it once in the early '70s, but it just didn't show up well.  Bidwill is also extremely conservative with uniform changes, and is still holding out on the facemask thing.

Jim Bakken - the greatest clutch kicker in the history of the NFL.  And, one of the last straight-on kickers as well.  And - was the emergency backup QB (apparently, he was very good), used to regularly take batting practice with the baseball Cards (held his own as well), and played point guard for the Cardinals basketball team during the off-season.  Is he still the AD at Southern Illinois U.?

That's right...it's Jim Hart.

Where's Bakken?  Is he at St. Louis U.?  I can't remember...

(I can remember Black stripes on a Cardinals' uni, but people...that's another story.)

Archived