NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 12/? Carolina Atlantic

jackkmart

Eagle County College

Avalanche Dogs v2.0

Based on reactions on the post, this school is a 'fan favorite' as it were (a whole 8 thumbs up), so I decided to make only very minor tweaks and updates to the uniforms and logos, hopefully they are all in a positive direction of change, and the update is well received by the AvDog faithful.

I also made them the Avalanche dogs, not the avalance dogs. Oops.

spacer.png

spacer.png

ZTHr9gs.png

mm2tf8S.png

• Like 1

• jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - University of Deseret 7/? and Eagle County Update

University of Florida at Three Lakes 

Gillmen V2.0

Another update. This one focuses primarily on coloration and shading changes. Something about the original Gillmen was just far too muted for my tastes now. So I've brightened some of their palette and redone their jerseys, sticking with the Kraken-esque striping though. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - U of F at Three Lakes Update
  • jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 8/? American Aerospace

I wonder if the ECC is gonna have their own mascot, or have Bernie from the Colorado Avalanche do double duty. Maybe Bernie’s younger brother?

• Love 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

46 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

I wonder if the ECC is gonna have their own mascot, or have Bernie from the Colorado Avalanche do double duty. Maybe Bernie’s younger brother?

ECC is about a 2.5 hour drive up the mountains from Denver in winter so poor Bernie is gonna have to give up AvDogs mascot duties to another individual. Also, the hat I based the original concept on depicts a labrador-esque (apparently they use American upland-labs sometimes, I'm not good with dog breeds so I'm not too sure) dog instead of a traditional St. Bernard like Bernie is meant to be. 

Bernie's lab cousin can absolutely take up the mantle though.

Massachusetts Technological

Mechanists

The first team from the east coast! This team kicks off the EAHC conference which will mostly consist of hardcore hockey schools the far north east of the US and maritime provinces of Canada. I picture the Eastern American Conference and the Hockeyland Conference being the two 'big' conferences in NACA hockey with most of the powerhouse teams. However, the other smaller conferences will house powerhouse schools too, like Deseret, Montana Valley, and SeaU, to name a few.

spacer.png

Rk92d0s.png

7kxuBUM.png

HCn6KkO.png

• Like 1

• jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 9/? MassTech

Central Louisiana

Bourbons V2.0

The final ''original team'' to be redesigned (not including the wardens, who I never even finished). All concepts from here out will be new and I can finally start dedicating all time on this project to new stuff. However, that will definitely mean I will have to take more time between each concept.

Didn't change the Bourbons much, I quite liked the original logo I had for them so I just updated their color palette like I did for the Gillmen.

R8oLB2n.png

pAQfupH.png

eBZfMnO.png

mJOTDZ8.png

Seattle University (SeaU)

Super Sonics

Neighbors and natural fierce rivals of Aerospace, one of the big names in western college hockey. They originally borrowed their name from Seattle's basketball franchise (now in OKC) after the school's basketball program skyrocketed their athletics to national prominence in the 80s when 4 graduates all ended up being stars on the very same Seattle basketball team. Now, the school is far better known for their hockey program which has consistently produced pro-level talent throughout the 2000s and 2010s.

IDHqVq0.png

7VQZfM9.png

hdJtbtQ.png

dTFSgRs.png

• jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 10/? SeaU

Greywood College

Wardens

Finally got around to finishing this concept. Changed the colors in the end giving them a bit of an MSU vibe. The US forest service imagery and nickname originate from the fact that David Greywood, the founder of the college, was one of the primary voices in the movement to create a national parks and forest department in order to protect the natural environments of the US. Carrying on that spirit, Greywood is today the premier university in the US for ecological sciences and zoological studies. Their hockey program also excels due to the popularity of the sport in South Dakota  and surrounding states.

EOG6wTL.png

oxm6DzX.png

wNtM9oN.png

6tCFuSQ.png

• jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 11/? Boston Institute
  • jackkmart changed the title to NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 12/? Carolina Atlantic