NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts - 12/? Carolina Atlantic

jackkmart

spacer.png

North American Collegiate Athletics (NACA) Hockey Concepts

In this thread I will be adding my concepts for (made up) colleges and their hockey teams. This is going to be a long project I imagine and so far I only have a couple teams complete but I plan on making somewhere between  20-50 (maybe more?) teams across North America (not just the US) which will populate multiple 'conferences' or divisions. I also plan on making peripheral graphics for league logos, etc.

SOME SCHOOLS MAY SHARE NAMES WITH REAL LIFE SCHOOLS BUT THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY. THESE ARE ALL FICTIONAL CONCEPTS.

My main goal for all these teams is to create a unique brand based around non-traditional mascots/ team names and color schemes!

Central American Conference

Eagle County College V2

Goodwell Christian V2

Wyoming State V2

Greywood College

Deseret

Montana Valley (Coming Soon)

Alberta Agricultural (Coming Soon)

Sun Conference

Florida at Three Lakes V2

Central Louisiana V2

Carolina Atlantic

Great Pacific Conference

American Aerospace

Seattle

Eastern American Hockey Conference

Massachusetts Technological

Boston Institute

UMass North (Coming Soon)

Portland (MN) (Coming Soon)

Hartford College (Coming Soon)

Forrest College (Coming Soon)

Lancaster (Coming Soon)

Catskills (Coming Soon)

Hockeyland Conference

Midwestern (Coming Soon)

Milwaukee (Coming Soon)

North Star (Coming Soon)

Lakes (Coming Soon)

St. Clair (Coming Soon)

Quad Cities (Coming Soon)

Pine State (Coming Soon)

MORE TO COME! (HOPEFULLY)

I'm also playing with the idea of creating uniforms for more than just hockey for each school, but let me not get ahead of myself.

• Like 2

Eagle County College

Avalanche Dogs

First team! I based the 'AvDogs' on a hat I have from Vail, CO which depicts a dog similar to the one I made for the primary logo. The secondary is derived from other merch I have from Vail, I think it might even be the official 'avalanche unit' logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

University of Florida at Three Lakes 

Gillmen

Team 2 baby! I wanted to make a green/ swamp themed team so I made the Gillmen whose branding is based off of the 'gillman' from the 1954 feature film 'Creature from the Black Lagoon'

The Gillman as a mascot is supposed to resemble a swamp monster/ man hybrid. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Goodwell Christian University

Addax

I'm not too sure how I feel about the Addax (which is a type of antelope, I think) I like the colors and the logo is ok but I'm already thinking about ways to improve it as I dont think it looks as good as it could. 

Here I used some of the Phoenix Sun's color palette instead of coming up with my own like I had for the first two teams. C&C for the Addax is very welcome!spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

I love college hockey so this immediately caught my attention. The AvDogs look great, love the whole look and am a huge fan of the cross motif.

The Gillmen also look great, it's definitely a unique brand but it all works really well together.

The Addax are a bit of a miss in my opinion though. I think the away is decent, but could use some work and the red alt is pretty good, but I'm not really a fan of the home jersey from the striping to the logo blending in

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Central Louisiana University

Bourbons

I sorta left this topic/ project behind last spring but I really want to finish or at least expand on the ideas and add more teams at least for a while. The CLU Bourbons were already in the works back in April but I didn't bother to 'complete' them until last night. I don't consider this team finished either but I wanted to throw what I currently have out there so I can move onto other teams and circle back to redesign.

The third jersey diverts quite a bit and is based on the Louisiana flag/ seal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Y5QsEAG.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Greywood College

Wardens

I'm still workshopping jersey designs for the Wardens as of right now but I wanted to post the first showcase first anyway while i finish the jerseys.

I really enjoyed this one and I even created a bit more of a backstory for Greywood than usual. The David Henry Greywood College of South Dakota (More commonly known as Greywood College or GCSD) was founded primarily for the study of Geology and Ecology in the American west. For this reason David Greywood established the school in the 'wild west' on the border of what would become the Black Hills national forest. 

Due to the schools proximity to so many national parks and forests the school originally took up the unofficial moniker of 'Rangers' in reference to the park rangers in the national service but the name Wardens was officially adopted by the school when the National Forests Service partnered with the school. 

The school colors are various shades of grey in reference to the name of the school's founder.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Goodwell Christian

Addax v2.0

Another massively long hiatus from this project... Sorry, BUT I have plans to actually continue this series with a few teams already fleshed out and more or less ready to post. HOWEVER, before the new teams I wanted to go back over the existing teams I did and update them in some capacity, starting with the Addax who are in desperate need of an update, more than any other team I think. The ultimate goal will be to have 3 or 4 conferences of 8 or so teams, maybe more, maybe less. 

Since I started this series, almost two years ago (yeesh), my skills have improved a reasonable amount and I'm far more able to execute on concepts and ideas I think of. I also just got a new  Wacom tablet so I can sketch ideas more effectively 😎

I will also note, I repurposed the Gillmen in my general concept thread but I will still be reupdating them here as well. 

Let the updates of the existing teams begin. I feel like the original logo left ALOT to be desired and this new one is certainly better but I'm still not 100% sure it's exactly what I wanted. I've also slightly tweaked the colors, making them all a little more vibrant. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok, that's the biggest eyesore at least somewhat cleared up. I will soon be posting updated versions of every one of the existing teams (and actually finishing the Wardens), some will be updated more than others as some need it more than others.

• Like 2

University of Deseret

Pioneers

While I work on updating the older teams, I decided to post a brand new school.  The next addition to the Central American Conference: the University of Deseret, officially the University of Deseret in Utah. Actually, I found out that the U of Utah in real life was originally called the University of Deseret, which is kinda cool I guess.

The logo itself is heavily based on this one I found when I was looking for inspiration for other teams. Just wanted to give credit/ be transparent about how blatant a rip off this logo is 🙃. Unfortunately, I don't have the original source so I'm not sure who to credit, if I find it I will update.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No alternate yet, as I don't have any good ideas or concepts for them at the moment, will update with an alternate uniform if and when I make it!

• Like 2