MLB X NBA 30/30 Nationals

johne9109

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona Diamondbacks

I personally prefer the original colors of the Diamondbacks. I think it helped them stand out so much more. I also think they are colors more in line with what the NBA usually has as color schemes. The collar and sleeves also get the diamondback texture from the logo

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

18 minutes ago, MDTrey4 said:

Really solid start to what sounds like a great idea. Only thing I would say needs adjusting is the size of the number. It could probably be about 80% of the current size and fit a little better.

Thanks I was just going on the size of the Template, but I'll adjust it

ZUH86xc.png

Atlanta Braves

For the Braves I used the wordmark with the tomahawk. The font is iconic and synonymous with Atlanta and I know the tomahawk may not be considered Kosher anymore, but I think it gives the jersey some personality. I tried something different with the away jersey and brought the yellow gold in the tomahawk into more of the forefront by making it a secondary color

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

The Braves look nice, I like the use of gold on the road. The Diamondbacks aren't as good, the teal does not work well on purple and I'd suggest switching around the coloring of the wordmark to make it legible. Another suggestion is to switch the wordmarks on the home and road, as usually the city/state name goes on the road while the nickname is used at home.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Baltimore Orioles

The Orioles are pretty straight forward. My favorite part is the addition of the Maryland state flag to the sides of the jersey. I've always liked how the Orioles included a patch on their sleeves with the flag so I knew I needed to add it onto this jersey

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

1 hour ago, QCS said:

The Braves look nice, I like the use of gold on the road. The Diamondbacks aren't as good, the teal does not work well on purple and I'd suggest switching around the coloring of the wordmark to make it legible. Another suggestion is to switch the wordmarks on the home and road, as usually the city/state name goes on the road while the nickname is used at home.

Thanks I've got a few others that I've already made with the cities on the home and vice versa, but I'll make the change going forward. Should start with the White Sox

ZUH86xc.png

Boston Red Sox

The Red Sox are kind of like the Celtics in the way that there's not a whole lot you can do with their uniforms without causing a stir; case in point the divisive City Connection uniform. So I went with a white and red home and a full red away; replicating their red alternate jersey

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

3 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

I think black for the O's road would work better. It would let the bird and wordmark pop much more. They both get kind of lost as it is now.

I might go back when I'm done and do alternate/statement editions and I'm saving black for that if I do, but I get what you're saying with it getting lost

ZUH86xc.png

Chicago White Sox

This is the first set where cities get swapped to away jerseys and team names go onto the home jerseys. The SOX wordmark that the White Sox use creates a unique design as well as a nice script for the away

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Cleveland Indians

With Cleveland changing their name at the end of this season I decided to put Cleveland on both jerseys until they debut their new name. Hopefully they find a more tasteful way to keep a similar branding i.e. the Chicago Blackhawks. I did put a feather on the sides of the jersey to have a little bit of visual identity.

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Colorado Rockies

The rockies have a well designed logo that I felt worked well on the front of a jersey so I used it for both instead of going with two different wordmarks. I also went with grey for the away jersey as I felt it fit the mountain aesthetic

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Archived