Brass's ESPN NHL 2k5 Review

Brass

Well, last Friday I purchased ESPN NHL 2k5 for PS2. Here's my review, and Chris, I know your site is just sports logos, but thought that this would may be cool to put on the site:

Ok guys, let's cut to the chase. I really wasn't expecting the NHL version of their NFL game, but why couldn't they do something within the range of that? In NFL, you can watch Sportscenter, have half-time shows and what-not. NHL, no such luck. The game opened well to me, as the main menu was very easy to follow, with the older backround of Sportscenter. The Skybox, which is your "crib", was a great new thing that I found really nice, as inside you can unlock jerseys/teams, play hockey trivia, air hockey, and shuffle board. But the other features plainly suck. The player photos were very outdated, as Jiri Slegr was featured in a Thrasher's jersey, Mathieu Schneider in a Kings jersey, and I wouldn't of been surprised if Messier was featured in an Oiler's jersey! The simming on the game is horrible as well. My team featured Forsberg, Sakic, St. Louis, Lecavalier, Iginla, Blake, Lidstrom, and Brodeur, failed to make the playoffs, and finished 15 games under .500. So we can write off Franchise as a positive mode.

Overall, it seems like a lot could of been added to this game. Instead of shipping out a horrible game so they can beat EA sports, try to ship out a great game, and I don't even care if it's a week after the Stanley Cup finals! This truly though is a $15 game selling for $20, unlike NFL 2k5 which is a $65 game selling for $20.

Overall grade: C+

Now the discussion everyone. I mean this is only my opinon....but I'm right!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That'd be cool to add a sports game review section to the site...but I guess that defeats the purpose of a logo site, lol.

that's partly what I'm here for...the next DP's already outdated and CC hasn't even put it up yet :hockeysmiley:

anyways, i'm gettin Gretzky NHL 05 as ENH 2K4 sucked, they say NHL hasn't changed worth a damn since 2002, and Hitz Pro isn't coming out due to a fallout between teh publisher and developer. I'll give you one reason to check Gretz out come November: they're planning to revolutionize shot aim. another reason: MLB 2005's franchise mode, hockey-fied. that said, i'll give at least ENH 2K5 a shot. if they got rid of the cheating AI (super goalies, 50 speed defensemen passing 99 speed wings, plop like that) then I'll be ready to proclaim ENH a good game, right now i think of it as 1/4 decent. <_<

so brass, how's teh game itself play...ya know, the part with shooting, passing, dekes, awesome saves, etc? basically, can I rest knowing shots won't be sucked in, as in years past? :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived