Petco Rebrand

rmackman

I just noticed Petco rebranded...and this was over a year ago! Maybe only recently they started updating the stores with the new imaging:

Old vs. New

spacer.png

I feel like this was kind of unnecessary. The font change was very minimal. They just went from whimsical to corporate by removing the cat and the dog. The problem, here, is it's a pet store. If it was an insurance company, I get the need for corporate-looking. I think when it comes to stores that cater to pets, children/babies, etc. whimsical actually set a better tone. At a minimum, at least make the empty space in the P or O have a paw print. Anyways, that's my two cents.

• Like 2

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The interlocking dog and cat was iconic. If you were driving past a plaza and all you saw was the dog & cat, you would know it’s Petco. The new one lacks uniqueness. I could name 20 new companies who use the same shade of blue and similar fonts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...