2022-23 International Rugby Kits

kiwi_canadian

2 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The qualifying tournament for the final spot for the World Cup between USA, Portugal, Hong Kong and Kenya.

Fgu0CQwXkAEqUlH?format=jpg&name=small

They all look fantastic and the only Union specific old style kit i can see there is the Hong Kong one, and how strange is to see a National Portuguese team without green.

The countries that make it from the zones are well and truly appalling.

5 teams from Oceania - Australia, NZ, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa

8 from Europe - England, Scotland, Wales, France, Georgia, Italy, Romania , Ireland

2 from Africa - Namibia, South Africa

3 from America - Uruguay, Argentina, Chile

1 from Asia - Japan

1 Unclear atm

Should off seen this happening in my opinion.

4 teams from Oceania - Australia, NZ, Tonga, Fiji

3 from America - Uruguay, Argentina, Chile,

3 from British Isles and Ireland - England, Wales, Ireland

3 from Mainland Europe -, France, Italy, Georgia

3 from Africa - Namibia, South Africa, Kenya

2 from Asia - Japan, Hong Kong (China)

All others should be placed into a repechage for 2 qualifiers:

Group A

Samoa, Romania, USA, Cook Islands, Algeria, Brazil

Group B

Scotland, Spain, Canada, South Korea, Belgium, Portugal

Winner of each group takes up the repechage spot.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

The other solution is expand the amount of teams in the World Cup and there has been some talk around that... Unfortunately, there is such a massive talent gap between the Old Boys Club, I mean tier 1 teams, and tier 2 teams, it would just be a gong show. The other problem is that the Old Boys Club controls World Rugby and anyone outside of that group does not want to expand the game and make it better. As long and Bill Beaumont is president, the game will never expand. I was really pissed when Rugby Canada elected him instead of the guy from Argentina, who had wanted to see more development in tier 2 and would have benefited Canada.

15 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The other solution is expand the amount of teams in the World Cup and there has been some talk around that... Unfortunately, there is such a massive talent gap between the Old Boys Club, I mean tier 1 teams, and tier 2 teams, it would just be a gong show. The other problem is that the Old Boys Club controls World Rugby and anyone outside of that group does not want to expand the game and make it better. As long and Bill Beaumont is president, the game will never expand. I was really pissed when Rugby Canada elected him instead of the guy from Argentina, who had wanted to see more development in tier 2 and would have benefited Canada.

I understand the old boys club mentality, but no way should the rest of the world miss out because a few think their game is better than others.

I realise that their is a gap in performances from country to country, but the only way to get other countries involved and more competitive is to allow them to play and stop stealing their players.

There is no way that the 4 Countries from the Isles should make it without going through some type of playoff.

Only the Previous winner, Runner up and Host should automatically get a spot in the next World Cup.

Even 4 teams from Oceania is probably 1 to many same as 3 from the Isles

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Great Britain's new kits by Umbro. They will be competing in the Sevens Series as England, Wales and Scotland  decided to merge like they do for the Olympics.

Fi1siOkWAAAEJZG?format=jpg&name=largeFi1siOiXgAobWM9?format=jpg&name=large

I really like that red one but the blue looks very USAish.

I wonder if they're trying to save money by combining?

17 hours ago, tigers said:

I really like that red one but the blue looks very USAish.

I wonder if they're trying to save money by combining?

I think it has more to do with the Olympics as all the countries that are within the UK compete as Team Great Britain. It does make sense on that level... plus starting next year the 7's World Series is getting a dramatic overhaul to align more with the Olympics. They are going to drop the number of events to seven as well as the core teams from 16 to 12. Going to be an interesting season in 2023-24 and I don't think Canada will do well. We may qualify the men and women through the regional qualifying tournaments for the Olympics but I have my doubts we'll qualify through the World Series.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:04 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

I think it has more to do with the Olympics as all the countries that are within the UK compete as Team Great Britain. It does make sense on that level... plus starting next year the 7's World Series is getting a dramatic overhaul to align more with the Olympics. They are going to drop the number of events to seven as well as the core teams from 16 to 12. Going to be an interesting season in 2023-24 and I don't think Canada will do well. We may qualify the men and women through the regional qualifying tournaments for the Olympics but I have my doubts we'll qualify through the World Series.

Seems strange to reduce the number when you want more participating teams and events to bring in more revenue and players?

2 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

New Columbia federation logo... sorry posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

FjomBKQX0AAaYH9?format=jpg&name=small

Looking at it, to me it's some type of colourful upside down U.

Who does it represent?

What is it?

We do not know enough about this country or sport to know.

52 minutes ago, tigers said:

Looking at it, to me it's some type of colourful upside down U.

Who does it represent?

What is it?

We do not know enough about this country or sport to know.

I suppose a toucan in the shape of a rugby ball would be a difficult code to crack in some universe

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

zzPEfBm.png

1 hour ago, steve61 said:

I suppose a toucan in the shape of a rugby ball would be a difficult code to crack in some universe

Yeah i guess 99% of the USA would think it's a Gridiron Ball.

If you know what it is because you seen the logo next to it i suppose you could crack the code. B)

14 minutes ago, tigers said:

Yeah i guess 99% of the USA would think it's a Gridiron Ball.

If you know what it is because you seen the logo next to it i suppose you could crack the code. B)

I didn't realize the U.S. populous was the target audience of a South American rugby federation.   My bad!  😉

zzPEfBm.png

1 minute ago, steve61 said:

I didn't realize the U.S. populous was the target audience of a South American rugby federation.   My bad!  😉

Does their populous know they have a rugby federation?

Even so, do they want the rest of the world asking what their logo is?

15 hours ago, tigers said:

Does their populous know they have a rugby federation?

Even so, do they want the rest of the world asking what their logo is?

Not sure but I know their women's team did beat Scotland to qualify for the Women's World Cup. They are up and coming though and I believe they have a team in the SLAR (The South American club rugby circuit, which will also include Pacific Pride from Canada and the Glendale Raptors from the US for this upcoming season). This league is also where the Jaguars went after they left Super Rugby.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The Rugby World Cup is happening in September and France is the first to reveal their kit. They've got back to the traditional blue shirt, white shorts and red socks instead of the all blue look they've had the the last few years.

Untitled-design-1024x1024.jpgfrance-rugby-world-cup-jerseys-home-and-

So close to Scotland it's not funny.

Scotland should head down the Tartan path.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...