MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets City Connect)

MJD7

On a similar note, I updated my Marlins' City Connect design to be more like their real-life version, which had been growing on me (I just went with pink instead). Thus, I had to alter the Cubs', so I tried to make it closer to the Wrigley Field sign aesthetic.

B9ZYpDB.png

J8cOW0y.png

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Chicago Cubs & Miami Marlins City Connect Updates)

After discussing with @Marlins93 in the MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes thread, I started to become more convinced that going back to teal really is the way to go for the Marlins. True to my comments, though, I kept pink as an accent, but went with a more pastel shade inspired by @VampyrRabbit's "Factory Pomo" Marlins logo, which keeps the Marlins' identity close to its 90's roots, which I appreciate.

I also think the Marlins are a rare team that doesn't really need a road gray jersey, so in its place I added a pink alternate inspired by the Nationals' recent raglan-sleeve pullover.

bobVPUo.png

IsIIQo6.png

dPpejj9.png

MrH6hRo.png

I might make this my "standard" Marlins set, I'm still a bit conflicted whether to keep the current "Marlins blue." Let me know what you think!

• Like 6

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Miami Marlins Throwback-Inspired Set)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Milwaukee Brewers City Connect Idea)
2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I had this idea of an adjustment to the Brewers’ City Connect, instead of limiting the “beer foam” stripes to the sleeves I translated it to the whole jersey. Thoughts?VBJubN2.png

I like it. It's one of those designs that's subtle to where I'd be like I don't get the reference, but then there'd be a behind the design graphic that would make me go oh that's genius

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

On 2024-02-02 at 8:02 PM, MJD7 said:

After discussing with @Marlins93 in the MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes thread, I started to become more convinced that going back to teal really is the way to go for the Marlins. True to my comments, though, I kept pink as an accent, but went with a more pastel shade inspired by @VampyrRabbit's "Factory Pomo" Marlins logo, which keeps the Marlins' identity close to its 90's roots, which I appreciate.

I also think the Marlins are a rare team that doesn't really need a road gray jersey, so in its place I added a pink alternate inspired by the Nationals' recent raglan-sleeve pullover.

bobVPUo.png

IsIIQo6.png

dPpejj9.png

MrH6hRo.png

I might make this my "standard" Marlins set, I'm still a bit conflicted whether to keep the current "Marlins blue." Let me know what you think!

When choosing that shade of pink for the logo (which I am going to tweak when I have the chance), It was only intended to be used as part of the Marlin on the main uniforms, just a nice little tie to the masterpiece that is the Miami Art Deco district along with blue. I like the home, road and alternate (though not a fan of the pullover alt), though I would prefer them with just black and teal, with the pink just on the Marlin.

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I had this idea of an adjustment to the Brewers’ City Connect, instead of limiting the “beer foam” stripes to the sleeves I translated it to the whole jersey. Thoughts?VBJubN2.pngp

Make the stripe cream and move it higher on the shirt and match the sleeve stripe with it, and put the BREW CREW script on the stripe.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:41 PM, johne9109 said:

I like it. It's one of those designs that's subtle to where I'd be like I don't get the reference, but then there'd be a behind the design graphic that would make me go oh that's genius

Thanks! That's definitely the goal with 'storytelling' designs, to do something clever but not too obvious, while still achieving the main goal of simply looking good.

23 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

When choosing that shade of pink for the logo (which I am going to tweak when I have the chance), It was only intended to be used as part of the Marlin on the main uniforms, just a nice little tie to the masterpiece that is the Miami Art Deco district along with blue. I like the home, road and alternate (though not a fan of the pullover alt), though I would prefer them with just black and teal, with the pink just on the Marlin.

Yeah, I assumed the pink would be logo-only for your set (which works), I just wanted to extend it a little bit further. 

23 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Make the stripe cream and move it higher on the shirt and match the sleeve stripe with it, and put the BREW CREW script on the stripe.

Good idea:

oMNvL1R.png

It's probably an upgrade.

• Like 3

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Caps)

Inspired by Twitter user @SethR94’s wonderful Reds jersey concept (which I’ll link below), I've adjusted my Reds away jersey to match his wavy “Cincinnati” away wordmark, which itself was likely inspired by the 2015 All-Star Game logo & the Cincinnati flag.

SteL7wd.png

Here’s @SethR94’s original concept:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cincinnati Reds Away Jersey Adjustment)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cincinnati Reds Away Jersey Adjustment; Spring Training Template Update)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh
  • 3 weeks later...

Philadelphia Phillies City Connect

I had this prepared after the Phils' jersey leaked, because to be honest, I didn't find much redeeming about it. 

It might be a near-copy of some earlier Sixers' City designs, but I honestly don't mind, it feels truer to Philly's history.

lxuTobe.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Philadelphia Phillies City Connect)

I also just wanted to note that I updated the images throughout the thread, most of it was just updates to the backgrounds for improved contrast, with a few small tweaks here & there. You can see the most updated versions of all of my designs on my portfolio website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets City Connect)