The Hockey Guy™'s "Darkest Timeline" Flying V Jerseys for All!

StPatty33

Hey, all!

If you're a hockey fan, you probably already watch The Hockey Guy (Shannon Skanes) on Youtube. If you are and you don't... you should.

Well the other day he posted a fantasy News of the Day video from an alternate timeline (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3AsFHiH81k) in which he announces that fans voted for the infamous Vancouver 'Flying V' jersey design to be worn by all 32 teams in their team colors this coming season. Well, Mr. Guy, ask and ye shall receive!

Below is the first of four installments: jerseys for 1/4 of the league--the 7 first teams in reverse alphabetical order, and the Avs because you're not the boss of me.
In most cases when a team has a mid-tone primary color I've also used that as the basis for an alternate jersey design.

First though, the original in all its 2K x 2K glory on the new template I special made for this project:
spacer.png

Beauty, eh. And this was their light colored jersey! You won't see teams getting away with colored light jerseys these days. Ok, now for the rest!

Winnipeg
spacer.png

Washington
spacer.png

Vegas
spacer.png

Vancouver
spacer.png

Toronto
spacer.png

Tampa Bay
spacer.png

St. Louis
spacer.png

Colorado
spacer.png

There ya go! Submitted for your approval. It can be a bit challenging on such a limited design when so many teams have similar colors, eh. I've finished all of them already, I've just made tweaks to the template since exporting them (such as adding stitching around the logos and numbers) so I still need to re-generate the rest. I should be adding an installment a day here barring any hiccups.

Thanks for looking--it's good to be back on the concept board again!
-StPatty33

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

The only team that I can see this working for is Vegas (besides Vancouver)...however very interesting concepts so far. I'd like to see you do some with some team's older color schemes (such as the Islanders' 90's fishstick look).

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

23 minutes ago, Coiler said:

Some of them look like the players are wearing medals.

That occurred to me in the process of creating these. To be honest “wearing a medal” is a better theme than most of them would’ve looked otherwise, haha. It really is the ugliest jersey ever.

• Like 1
spacer.png

11 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

The only team that I can see this working for is Vegas (besides Vancouver)...however very interesting concepts so far. I'd like to see you do some with some team's older color schemes (such as the Islanders' 90's fishstick look).

For sure—it’s mostly a joke of course, using one of the ugliest jerseys ever for all the teams… I was partial to the Vegas ones after making them though. They could totally pull it off as an alt jersey for a year.

spacer.png

These look ridiculous...ly good.

I'll assume that the Red Wings will wear essentially red versions of what you did for the Maple Leafs.

I just wanna ask why burgundy was not used as the base color for your Avs home jersey?

2 hours ago, brycew8 said:

Great template! You made it yourself? Curious to know what software you used or if you're going to sell it.

Thanks! It's a PhotoShop file, with a couple linked Illustrator files (the logos and numbers). I've been tinkering with it for about 5 days now, thinking I'm done, then coming back and totally changing it or tweaking things. I started with this image and went from there (it was the cleanest, highest-res jersey image I could find):
spacer.png

I don't think it's ready to sell or hand out at this point--especially the process of stitching the logos and numbers. It's a fairly quick action I made creating offset paths from all 4 elements, but then I have to go in and manually paste strings of "VVVVVVVV"s along the paths. Easy enough for someone that knows what to do but I'm not sure there's a way to make that user-friendly enough to have it included as part of a template. So after I'm done with all these, I'll need to strip it down a bit, and I'll probably build out other typical striping and collar options and stuff. I'm very much enjoying tinkering with it though.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, edjb93 said:

These look ridiculous...ly good.

I'll assume that the Red Wings will wear essentially red versions of what you did for the Maple Leafs.

I just wanna ask why burgundy was not used as the base color for your Avs home jersey?

Thanks! As you can imagine 2-color teams like the Wings and Leafs are a bit tough in this design format, and they'll probably look about the same. When I recreated these ones this morning with all the newest bells and whistles, the Toronto one is the only one I changed from how I laid it out originally. When I was early on in the process I was kind of using a different set of rules in my head and I ended up not liking allowing double stripes like this. Here's what it looked like before I changed it today (and before I changed the template quite a bit):
spacer.png

Regarding the Avs colors, I haven't spent a ton of time on them yet because when I'm done with all these, I'll probably take my time and make 10 different Avs versions 😆
I just think the navy alternate jersey is the classiest of our jerseys, so wanted to give it a go.

spacer.png

Round 2!:

Seattle
phnvPrC.png

San Jose
2gS1GNo.png

Pittsburg
t4otTmz.png

Philadelphia
fyMy4g7.png

Ottawa
20ROhjm.png

New York (Rangers)
BFwk1Vg.png

New York (Islanders)
ZJLDUAG.png

New Jersey
h6hrFAz.png

That's half done--the rest will be up over the next couple days.

spacer.png