Eagles Rebrand - Add Lighter Green & Ditch Black

Rygi13

The Eagles' social media channels have been using a lot of neon green the past few seasons and the team just wore neon green numbers to practice the other day. I thought the numbers actually looked pretty good paired with the midnight green jerseys.

I thought I'd take a stab at designing a new set that incorporates candy apple green as a secondary color, while also removing black from the set. I've always thought the black and midnight green combination looks terrible, especially on the large Nike collars.

The new Home set features neon green numbers and the team's new "controversial" wordmark, which I actually quite like. The arm cuffs feature a truncated contrasting stripe.  The pants feature a new stripe that is an evolution of the team's current set, which are a contrast nightmare. The helmet features a color shifting paint job with a midnight green base and sparkles a lighter shade when it catches the light.

The away set swaps the lighter numbers for midnight green and a midnight facemask for a white one.

The Color Rush set introduces an alternate helmet with a lighter helmet, a nod to the kelly green days while keeping with the new modern eagles identity.

umNUEC9.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to Eagles Rebrand - Add Lighter Green & Ditch Black
1 hour ago, Discrim said:

You know what, I like what you got here. Not sure I would have gone with the gradient on the helmet, but it sort of works.

Honestly, the gradients are my favorite part.

On the home/road though, I would actually swap the neon with silver. I know you're trying to go with the two-tone green, but the lime is a little jarring and makes the uniform, as a whole, a bit more suited for college ball. And, there is another bird team in the NFL that kinda owns that lime green color.

The number font is great. And if you wanted to keep the neon motif, I could support it in an alternate uniform or as accents on the home/road.

• Like 2

I like the second take with kelly instead of neon. I will say, the wings and logos still have black, I think we'd get a better picture of the whole set if you got rid of that. I like the set overall, but keeping the old number font is a big miss since it doesn't match anything else. I'd remove the second midnight outline on the white jersey's numbers as well.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt