The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series 9/9) (Expansion Teams 3/3) (COMPLETED with compilation images)

Djruggs

In what will likely be one of the most tame Signature Series sets, we have the BC Lions. I really loved their set in 2013 when they first came out (apparently so did everyone else since they sorta brought them back just yesterday) so I decided to make some changes to them and give my take on their gun metal and black set.

spacer.png

On 10/14/2022 at 2:44 PM, Mvdbutler said:

I love this series man my favorite is toronto but can you do Moncton Atlantic Schooners-Halifax and Quebec City Please

Sure! Once I'm finished with the standard 9 Signature Series sets, I'd be happy to look into some ideas for the Schooners and potentially a Quebec City team!

• Like 2

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series Lions Added 3/9)
  • Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series Bombers Added 4/9)

For the Calgary Stampeders, I was digging around their old logos and came across their old horseshoe logo from the early 2000's, so I decided to base their Signature Series uniform off of them.

C&C always appreciated.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series Stamps Added 5/9)
  • Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series RedBlacks Added 6/9)

So, I ended up finishing the remaining 3 of the Signature Series uniforms today and decided to post.

For the Elks and Riders, they're pretty straight forward concepts: editing some of their existing logos to become centerpieces to the uniform set. As for the Ti-Cats, it's probably the most outlandish of the Signature Series: Tiger stripes... everywhere.

C&C always welcome.

In the coming days, I'll be posting mockups for 3 expansion teams: The Atlantic Schooners, The Quebec Monarchs, and The Victoria Capitals.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series RedBlacks, Elks, Riders, & Ti-Cats Added 9/9) (Expansion coming soon)

For the first expansion team, we have the most obvious choice: The Atlantic Schooners.

I based the majority of their uniforms on a lot of the unofficial fan jerseys floating around, but I decided to focus more on white and gold rather than silver and a more yellowy gold.

For their Signature Series uniform, I decided to lean heavily on the nautical theme with their jersey and stripe accents.

spacer.png

C&C is always appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series 9/9) (Expansion Teams: Schooners added 1/3)
13 minutes ago, BiggityBerfa said:

all really good, wonder if you’d be willing to try making signature series type unos for some nfl teams, would be really cool

That's an interesting idea. I just might play around with that once I finish up this series!

For our second expansion team, we have the Quebec Monarchs; based out of Quebec City.

There was no frame of reference for a new team, but I decided use the flor di li found on the Quebec flag, as well as choosing purple to be their main color since it's traditionally a fairly royal color and there are no other purple teams in the league.

For their Signature Series uniform, I decided to take heavy inspiration from the Nordiques since there is no history to draw inspiration from.

spacer.png

C&C always appreciated.

• Like 3

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series 9/9) (Expansion Teams: Quebec Monarchs added 2/3)

Well, we've reached the end of this series. Our final expansion team is the Victoria Capitals, located in Victoria, BC. I chose to put another team in BC because with the first two expansion teams being in the east, I needed another team to balance out the divisions. I based their name and colors off of the failed CBL team under the same name.

For the Capitals' Signature Series Uniform, admittedly, I was grasping for straws, but I decided to base the uniform accents on the original team's cap logo. If anyone has any suggestions for this one, I'm always open to C&C.

spacer.png

I'm really proud of this series, and if there are no further updates, I'll be posting a few compilation images tomorrow.

• Like 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series 9/9) (Expansion Teams: Victoria Capitals added 3/3)

Both expansion teams are amazing, especially Quebec. I love that purple and silver color scheme and the slight black details in the striping work really well. Victoria is solid but it's probably a bit too close in terms of uniform elements and color scheme to Coastal Carolina to pass for real and I think the logo could stand to be a bit more creative. Regardless, this has been an excellent epilogue to a spectacular series, very good job across the board.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

41 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Both expansion teams are amazing, especially Quebec. I love that purple and silver color scheme and the slight black details in the striping work really well. Victoria is solid but it's probably a bit too close in terms of uniform elements and color scheme to Coastal Carolina to pass for real and I think the logo could stand to be a bit more creative. Regardless, this has been an excellent epilogue to a spectacular series, very good job across the board.

Yeah, I was a bit worried about them being too similar to Coastal, but I wasn't quite sure about where else to go with them, especially since I wanted to avoid doing another blue or red team.

Just wanted to drop by and close out this series with some compilations of the uniforms.

Thanks to everyone who interacted in here.

Home Uniforms

spacer.png

Away Uniforms

spacer.png

Third Uniforms

spacer.png

Signature Series Uniforms

spacer.png

Throwback Uniforms

spacer.png

• Like 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series 9/9) (Expansion Teams 3/3) (COMPLETED with compilation images)