the_grateful_ted's "Best Of" College Football: Week 6

What a week, so many missed opportunities. 

Indiana wearing ALL red❌

Mizzou choosing this flimsy, awful looking white script on a yellow helmet ❌

Utah wearing black instead of red❌ 

Along side a plethora of brutal alternates... woof. Ready or not, here we go, 

#1: Pitt vs VT

HmvOqXd.jpg

Maybe clean up the striping on VT a but, but gorgeous matchup regardless.

#2: NW vs Wisconsin 

tYYfGQ9.jpg

Unpopular opinion- Northwestern's Gothic alternate us the best alternate in CFB. Would like to see purple jersey with black/gold accents and some stripes on the pants, but still love it. Wisconsin in red pants should be used way more.

#3: Bama vs TA&M

kw6WeED.jpg

Just looks classic. A&M will make it up here often with the right opponent. 

A lot of bad, hold your breath we're going in. 

Dishonorable Mention #1: ISU vs KSU

N9I2vys.jpg

I am so sick of these cyclone uniforms. Nothing else to say, Kansas State did nothing wrong. 

Dishonorable Mention #2: OSU vs TTU

IqsFPyc.jpg

Bad decisions were made by many people. 

Dishonorable Mention #3: ND vs BYU

JzSyPFp.jpg

Mostly on BYU for this placement, but not a whole lot of love for these ND alternates. Could've looked real nice.

Dishonorable Mention #4: Tennessee vs LSU

Ua0bHsF.jpg

Criminal use of bad alternates. 

• Like 4

On 10/9/2022 at 2:57 PM, the_grateful_ted said:

Dishonorable Mention #1: ISU vs KSU

Iowa State is 100% to blame for making this list. Just me but 1) I think Kansas State's look is underrated and 2) I think Iowa State's primary look is the best in the country (seriously).

This would have been my easy #1 for the week (if not the season) and Iowa State took a big fat dump on it. (And they seem to wear that uniform a lot, too.)

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 10/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, OnWis97 said:

Iowa State is 100% to blame for making this list. Just me but 1) I think Kansas State's look is underrated and 2) I think Iowa State's primary look is the best in the country (seriously).

This would have been my easy #1 for the week (if not the season) and Iowa State took a big fat dump on it. (And they seem to wear that uniform a lot, too.)

Best look in the country??? I think their brand is really stale as a whole, great colors but their logo stinks and their uniform needs a little more oomph. If they had worn red, probably an honorable mention with the slate this last week! 

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

No fan of OK ST’s look, but Tech in the throwbacks does enough heavy lifting to take that off my personal worst list

I think their throwback logo is pretty brutal, but the set itself is more than ok. Paired together with OK state was unlucky, too scrimmage-y and no pop. 

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

As much as I hate Iowa State going all black, no way does it top 2 or 3 on that dishonorable list.

The Tennessee v LSU game actually looks good to me, just held back by knowing both these teams have gorgeous primaries.

Agree to disagree, anytime Iowa state wears that they’ll be in the bottom. It’s the most desperate, gimmicky looking (but at the same time totally lazy) uniform in the history of college football.

I wouldn’t say looks good, but you’re right in the fact I was more frustrated by what could’ve been. Tennessee’s gray set is fine, wish LSU didn’t wear all white for this one. Too grayscale

• Like 2