Pop Culture Jerseys (Jack Skellington Added)

johne9109

• 5 months later...
  • johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Thomas The Tank Engine added)
19 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

As a big Thomas fan growing up, I LOVE this concept, especially the baseball set. The colors work beautifully together. 

One nitpick: The fictional location from the series was the "Isle of Sodor," not "Island."

Both are used pretty interchangeably now. My son watches Thomas religiously and I hear both quite often. Isle might actually work better on the jersey though

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

9 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Both are used pretty interchangeably now. My son watches Thomas religiously and I hear both quite often. Isle might actually work better on the jersey though

I only remember hearing "Isle" as a kid, but I just Googled it and you're correct. 

• Like 1

This next one is pretty obscure but one of my all time favorite animes is Kinnikuman. It's basic premise is that the good guys save the world by means of professional wrestling. It's considered the first shonen anime and is pretty awesome. Some people may remember the only aspect that was brought over to the west; the little rubber figures known as M.U.S.C.L.E (Kinniku is muscle in japanese) or it's sequel series that was dubbed in english Ultimate Muscle. I used This look as the main inspiration for the jerseys. The symbol on the hat and helmet are the kanji for muscle/meat. The main logo used on most of the jerseys is the Kinnik clan symbol. The full japanese text on the football and hockey jerseys of course says kinnikuman. Lastly the name Suguru is Kinnikuman's name with 79 being the year the manga was first released

kinbKINBBkinfkinh

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Kinnikuman added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Vegeta and Buu added)
On 4/14/2023 at 8:41 AM, coco1997 said:

As a big Thomas fan growing up, I LOVE this concept, especially the baseball set. The colors work beautifully together. 

One nitpick: The fictional location from the series was the "Isle of Sodor," not "Island."

On 4/14/2023 at 9:04 AM, johne9109 said:

I am

can you do a reading rainbow and sesame street set?

• Like 1

spacer.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (James Bond added)
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

The Bond set turned out great! Very clean and classy-looking.

Thanks for tackling my request! 

Thanks! With a character like Bond I knew I wanted to keep it looking clean and sleek' the exception being the basketball jersey , but I think it works for that jersey. You're welcome

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Sesame Street added)
  • 2 months later...
  • johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Piccolo [DBZ] added)