Pop Culture Jerseys (Jack Skellington Added)

johne9109

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeping Beauty

I decided to throw together a set based on Sleeping Beauty. Each one is based on a different look from the movie. The baseball uniform is based on her look while she is still living in the woods with the fairies. The football uniform reflects her pink dress; while the hockey jersey reflects her blue dress. For the basketball jersey I went with a gradient to reflect when the fairies changed the color of her dress back and forth from pink to blue

SBA

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Sleeping Beauty Added)
  • 2 months later...

Halo

I got a request by my brother to do a halo themed set. This is what I came up with. They are all based on Master Chief directly. I tried to use the placement of colors to somewhat replicate Chiefs armor whithout making it look like a subliminated print. My favoorite elements is the orange front panel on the baseball hat replicating Chiefs visor 

haloa

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Halo Added)

Maleficent

To go along with the Sleeping Beauty set I also put together a Maleficent set. The Baseball jersey is pretty straight forward. A pullover style jersey taking color cues from Maleficent. The basketball jersey features green flames at the bottom and Forbidden Mountain as the city name. The footbal uniform features a horn pattern on the helmet and a sleeve pattern to match the character.  The hockey jersey also features a flame design at the bottom of the jersey

mala

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Maleficent Added)
On 10/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, johne9109 said:

My next new set is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I decided to base each sport off of a different Turtle; so baseball is Donatello, basketball is Michelangelo, football is Raphael, and hockey is Leonardo

tmnt1tmnt2tmnt3tmnt4

What about the football helmets having a turtle shell pattern?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, johne9109 said:

That's a pretty good idea

The helmets have a shell pattern and the facemask is the different colours for the characters. 

IF this was executed in real life, you could have it broken out like: OL/DL wear red (Raphael was the sort of tough guy); QB wears blue (Leo was the leader); skill players wear orange; LB wear purple... it's not a perfect science but we have seen teams break out different parts of the uniform based on position groups (I believe it was Western Kentucky that did this with different team decals). 

You would need to have an opponent with a neutral helmet to counteract the multi-coloured approach but it could work. 

• Like 1

Hogwarts Houses

So Harry Potter is a huge franchise and instead of trying to do jerseys based on any characters I decided to base them off of the Hogwarts houses. I did each team as one of the different houses, but each house could easily be done any of the sports. We see Gryffindor as the baseball uniform. Slytherin as the basketball jersey; with a diamond pattern taken from the full crest. Ravenclaw as the football uniform. And Hufflepuff as the Hockey jersey. The names on the backs are the names of the founders of each house and the number 7 comes from the houses qudditch teams. Both Harry and Malfoy wore 7 so I decided to use it for all four jerseys

HOGA

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Hogwarts [Harry Potter] Added)
  • 1 month later...

The Little Mermaid

Keeping with some more Disney properties I did a set based on Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Designs are pretty straight forward. For all of the jerseys I used the teal of Ariel's tail as the main color as I feel it's the prominent colors of her character design. The hat for the baseball uniform is red like her hair; as well as elements of the football helmet. The basketball and football jerseys employ a scale design; while the hockey jersey gets some wave striping

LMA

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (The Little Mermaid Added)

Kirby

Did a set based on one of my all time time favorite not just Nintendo franchise, but overall video game franchises, Kirby. Pink is the main color of course with accents of a darker pink. The warp star is used in the logos and secondary logs. The number 92 is use as that was when the first Kirby game came out

KIRBYA

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Kirby Added)
  • 3 weeks later...

Hades (Disney's Hercules)
Here's another Disney set; this time based on Hades from Hercules. His robes are the main basis of the jerseys with the triangle pattern becoming the design for a lot of collar, sleeve, and striping designs. For the numbers I used the roman numeral for 13 as 13 is related to Hades and the underworld in Greek mythology

HadesA

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Hades Added)

Super Mario Bros

Instead of doing different sets for each character I decided to pick a different character for each of the sports. I picked baseball for Mario as that feels like the default sport as Mario is the default character. Basketball seems to fit Waluigi's lanky frame. Wario's size was a perfect fit for Wario. Leaving Hockey for Luigi

SMBA

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Super Mario Bros Added)
  • 1 month later...

Sailor Moon

Probably another of the more unexpected choices, but I decided to do a set based on Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts. Instead of doing designs based on just the main character Sailor Moon I did 3 of the other Scouts as well. Moon is the baseball uniform and the striping comes from the gloves, collar and neckerchief of her uniform. For the basketball jersey I went with Sailor Mars and used her symbol on the front and placed the number in the front. Football is Sailor Mercury. The coloring from her hair and then striping is added to replicate her headband while it also features her symbol. The shoulders replicate the collar of her outfit and slight striping is added to the sleeves similar to Mercury's gloves. The hockey jersey is Sailor Jupiter and copies most elements from her out fit; including waist striping replicating her skirt. Her symbol is then used as the jersey logo. The names on the back are all of the Scouts actual last names. I used the number 92 for Sailor Moon as it was the debut of the character. I was originally going to use #3 for Mars as that was the first chapter of the manga she appeared in, but I didn't like the way just one number looked inside the symbol so I used 92 as well. 2 is used for Mercury and 5 for Jupiter to represent their first appearances in the manga

SaMA

ZUH86xc.png

Basing the shoulders on the football/hockey uniforms on the sailor uniforms is a brilliant move

Feel like it can work on the basketball one as well

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Sailor Moon Added)

Jack Skellington

My next set is based on Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas. The baseball and basketball jerseys replicate the pinstripes in Jack's suit. while the football and hockey jerseys get some multiple thin stripes but not full on pinstripes.

JS4A

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Pop Culture Jerseys (Jack Skellington Added)