Flames 50th Anniversary Series

Discrim

Older Anniversary Sets: Kings - Blues - Penguins - North Stars/Seals/Barons - Sabres - Canucks - Islanders

I begin the Flames Anniversary Series with an Atlanta sweater...but in black.  Oh, wow, how original, I know /s.  Fair warning, the Coyotes wont be Canucks ubiquitous in the WHA series, it'll just feel a bit like it...anyway, since I'd used the Roadrunners' 1st WHA design in one of the older series, tonight the Yotes get the Blues ripoffs from years 2 and 3.  And since the Flames' only acknowledgment was an Atlanta crest warmup jersey they wore last season, I threw something together to at least have a patch, which I placed on the left shoulder; the Coyotes are also serving as a quasi-preview of the WHA extravaganza, so they get a WHA 50th patch (found it on Facebook) and the old Roadrunner on the right shoulder and the pants.

flames50th70s.png

Next up...80s Night, probably vs. the Canucks (it's not a Western Conference anniversary series without em).  Be crazy for me, make me shine on you 😛 

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

80s night...I didn't want to do a second straight black jersey, and I didn't want to do a gold jersey since I've done it before...so the only real option was red, but somewhat different.  Went with the Calgary script from that short-lived alt from a few years back, changing the C to the burning C in the process.  Needed a half-decent anniversary logo to carry me the rest of the way, so a big 50 that incorporates both Atlanta's and Calgary's flames came to mind.  The opposing Canucks sport their late 80s design, and in an homage to the skate logo, Johnny's skating the other way and has blue and green motion lines,

flames50th80s.png

90s night is Podium night :D probably against the Kings.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

5 hours ago, Discrim said:

80s night...I didn't want to do a second straight black jersey, and I didn't want to do a gold jersey since I've done it before...so the only real option was red, but somewhat different.  Went with the Calgary script from that short-lived alt from a few years back, changing the C to the burning C in the process.  Needed a half-decent anniversary logo to carry me the rest of the way, so a big 50 that incorporates both Atlanta's and Calgary's flames came to mind.  The opposing Canucks sport their late 80s design, and in an homage to the skate logo, Johnny's skating the other way and has blue and green motion lines,

flames50th80s.png

90s night is Podium night :D probably against the Kings.

Both of these are gorgeous. I don't really like when Calgary uses black but this done really well and feels very 80s. The anniversary logo is beautiful. I love the way it incorporates the Atlanta logo design as well as Calgary. The Calgary uniform is great as well. Love the colors and I love Johnny Canuck skating the opposite direction to pay homage to the skate logo

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Late night 90s night special, as the gradient treatment took me a while...and I kinda overslept.  Anyways, here we go.  A sans-black version of the podium jersey with an equally black-free Blasty on the front, and I figured I'd go more gold-heavy to further differentiate this from the original...figured I'd put a bit of a twist on the Angry King jersey, with a modified gradient based on the LA flag's zigzag.  Since I have a Clarendon variant installed, I used that.  I'd initially considered using the coat of arms and the 2000s crown instead, but figured what the hell.

flames50th90s.png

Not sure what I'll do for the 2000s yet...I just know what I know 😺

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

7 hours ago, Discrim said:

Late night 90s night special, as the gradient treatment took me a while...and I kinda overslept.  Anyways, here we go.  A sans-black version of the podium jersey with an equally black-free Blasty on the front, and I figured I'd go more gold-heavy to further differentiate this from the original...figured I'd put a bit of a twist on the Angry King jersey, with a modified gradient based on the LA flag's zigzag.  Since I have a Clarendon variant installed, I used that.  I'd initially considered using the coat of arms and the 2000s crown instead, but figured what the hell.

flames50th90s.png

Not sure what I'll do for the 2000s yet...I just know what I know 😺

someone tag Adidas, I know what I want for Reverse Retro 3.0 for Cal-Gary. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I was under the weather this weekend, so I got delayed a bit.  Figured the 2000s uniforms will be pre-Edge...so a gold version of their pre-Edge jersey for Calgary, and the Stars get an all-black version of the star jersey with two-tone green trim.  Normally I wouldn't have used any proposed logos, but I figured the Calgary boot (one of many logos the Flames rejected for their alternate jersey several years ago) might be a good fit.

flames50th2000s.png

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

Last in this series, then I'll be starting the WHA party...thought about avoiding it, but figured I'd do another one that's red but different...in this case, the simplified version of the now-old Edge design.  As far as the gold C and numbers, I saw an example jersey that had the numbers exactly like that - gold outlined in red and black on red - once and liked how it looked.  Opponent tonight is Nashville, with a gold version of that alternate jersey they had back when they were still wearing silver, using the Winter Classic sabretooth as the crest.

flames50th2010s.png

Thanks for viewing, and please tip the zamboni driver.  Keep an eye out in the next few days for the start of the WHA series.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

8 hours ago, Discrim said:

Last in this series, then I'll be starting the WHA party...thought about avoiding it, but figured I'd do another one that's red but different...in this case, the simplified version of the now-old Edge design.  As far as the gold C and numbers, I saw an example jersey that had the numbers exactly like that - gold outlined in red and black on red - once and liked how it looked.  Opponent tonight is Nashville, with a gold version of that alternate jersey they had back when they were still wearing silver, using the Winter Classic sabretooth as the crest.

flames50th2010s.png

Thanks for viewing, and please tip the zamboni driver.  Keep an eye out in the next few days for the start of the WHA series.

That Preds uniform is choice!

ZUH86xc.png