infrared41's Best and Worst: NFL Week 10 - 2022

There were no lists last week because the match ups in week 9 were even worse than they were in week 8. I wasn't going to waste Chris's bandwidth on a thread that basically would have said there was no point in having the thread. Weeks 8 and 9 this season were without question the two worst weeks of uniform match ups in the history of these silly lists. Fortunately, it seems to be over...for now, at least. For future reference, if a week goes by without the lists, just assume that there were no games that I felt were worthy of either list. With that said, let's get back to work.

BEST

1.  Cowboys - Packers: This is what the NFL is supposed to look like. I'm sure someone will come along and mention all the color issues with the Cowboys and I still won't care. This was a great match up.

BtGUiOe.jpg

2. Colts - Raiders: When the season started, I said I didn't care about socks. Then every team started going with the long johns look and I suddenly realized that maybe I care more about socks than I thought I did. Long story short, the Colts kept this game out of the top spot by not wearing blue socks. Other than that, it was a great looking game.

arpE4QM.jpg

3. Vikings - Bills: This game looked a lot better than I thought it would. The purple and blue didn't fight with each other as much as I thought they would. The Bills have now lost in the monochrome blue and the blue over white. Here's hoping that good fashion sense replaces superstition for the remainder of the season and they stick with the blue over white.

aFXpiqv.jpg

4. Lions - Bears: I prefer the Lions silver pants and there are still a couple things I'd tweak on their uniforms, but this is still a solid look. Never change, Bears.

djJJnJX.jpg

5. Chargers - 49ers: Put the Chargers in gold pants and this one is higher on the list. Maybe someone with the Chargers thought both teams in gold pants wouldn't look as good. If they did think that, they were wrong. It's still pretty good looking match up.

kpl4fZx.jpg

WORST

1. Broncos - Titans: Great color schemes, terrible execution of those color schemes. There should be a law against this.

cVs4mrq.jpg

2. Falcons - Panthers: I think there's a decent alternate somewhere in all that black for the Panthers, but this ain't even close to being it. How many more seasons until the Falcons get another shot (which they'll blow again) at going full time with the throwbacks?

CcmtbYU.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll try to do it all again next week...provided the uniform gods smile upon us.

• Like 7

BB52Big.jpg

29 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The Bills have now lost in the monochrome blue and the blue over white. Here's hoping that good fashion sense replaces superstition for the remainder of the season and they stick with the blue over white.

Unfortunately they've already announced blue over blue again for this Sunday. 

So, I love the big picture look of Tenn. Wonderful blocking of double blue, and i think navy sky blue and navy look really nice.

BUT

A uniform is way more than just the colours, and on that I can fully agree. Though, if this were my list, i'd swap 1 and 2.

Perhaps it's the back to back SUCK that colours my judgement

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I suddenly realized that maybe I care more about socks than I thought I did.

Sock are funny, aren't they? 

Even when the norm became just solid colours it still added some contrast. The whole white socks/long johns look has really hurt uniforms. 

It feels like the next evolution (which would SUCK) is basically just having yoga pants and ditching the traditional high socks. The cooperalls of football for lack of a better term. 

This is a football thread so I won't go off anymore than to say baseball has also has sock issues. The socks need more love. 

• Like 3

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

You know, if the Colts' white socks had the same double stripe as the ones and jerseys, that'd be a class all-white look. Even with the blank whites, it's actually not terrible--but yeah, striped would be better.

I'm pretty much in agreement with the rest of this list--as much as I can't stand Dallas, and as ambivalent as I am toward the Packers, that's still about as good a uniform matchup as we'll get on any given Sunday, so yeah--it belongs up top.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, tBBP said:

You know, if the Colts' white socks had the same double stripe as the ones and jerseys, that'd be a class all-white look. Even with the blank whites, it's actually not terrible--but yeah, striped would be better.

This would work too.

14497752-850x560.jpeg

• Like 8

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Echo said:

There's a crude joke to be made here but this isn't the place to make it.

hahahahahahaha....I walked right into that without thinking of it.

Well played sir. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)