NHL + Fanatics: A hopeful look forward by DT Concepts — Dallas Stars 4/25

DTConcepts

I'll be up front: This thread is entirely an attempt to distract myself from the fact that I'm graduating college in less than a month.

There's obviously lots of doom and gloom around Fanatics becoming the NHL's jersey manufacturer, which is more than justified. There was lots of speculation on these boards about Fanatics using the deal as an opportunity to elevate its brand, which is the outcome this series tries to emulate. With Fanatics taking over the production of Nike's college gear, I wouldn't be shocked to see them cannibalize Nike's hockey jersey template too. As a result, I created a new jersey template for this series that looks a lot like Nike's college hockey jerseys.

The uniforms I've designed for this series mirror Fanatics' overall business strategy of simple products optimized for mass production that still maintain each team's brand. I'll be posting the designs division-by-division, going from the top of the standings to the bottom. Without further ado, I'll kick things off with the defending Stanley Cup champs and winners of the Central Division — the Colorado Avalanche.

T0lxpLG.png

These jerseys simply the Avs' current look while tying it to Denver's hockey history, namely the old Colorado Rockies. The arm striping is meant to subtly evoke the Denver flag, the waist striping is reminiscent of the team's original look, and the pants are a callback to the Rockies' old uniforms. With so much Rockies inspiration in the home & road jerseys, I tweaked the alternate jersey to be more of an explicit nod to the Colorado state flag. The Rockies-inspired alternate logo remains on the uniform, but is recolored to pop better on the jersey's navy base.

I'll have the Stars ready to post in a couple days. In the meantime, I'll take any and all criticism you have about these jerseys, this series, and/or my template. Thanks for reading.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• DTConcepts changed the title to NHL + Fanatics: A hopeful look forward by DT Concepts — Dallas Stars 4/25
3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Up next is the Dallas Stars, who finished second in the Central Division.

ZtRPHme.png

These jerseys take lots of cues from the Stars' historical identity, while continuing the Fanatics-style trend of simply styled designs. What do you think?

I like the look, but I'd use the primary logo here. Adding the Texas outline version clutters it up too much. And while I like the intent, I'm not sure the DALLAS down the pants works here.

I'd also consider slightly brightening the green, just as the Stars have done irl.

5 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

ZtRPHme.png

These jerseys take lots of cues from the Stars' historical identity, while continuing the Fanatics-style trend of simply styled designs. What do you think?

Love these! Really well done, all 3 are upgrades over their current uniforms IMO.

Just curious, is that Captain's "badge" (literally a badge)  on the green jersey something something the Stars do currently? Or did you come up with that yourself?

On 4/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, DTConcepts said:

I'll be up front: This thread is entirely an attempt to distract myself from the fact that I'm graduating college in less than a month.

There's obviously lots of doom and gloom around Fanatics becoming the NHL's jersey manufacturer, which is more than justified. There was lots of speculation on these boards about Fanatics using the deal as an opportunity to elevate its brand, which is the outcome this series tries to emulate. With Fanatics taking over the production of Nike's college gear, I wouldn't be shocked to see them cannibalize Nike's hockey jersey template too. As a result, I created a new jersey template for this series that looks a lot like Nike's college hockey jerseys.

The uniforms I've designed for this series mirror Fanatics' overall business strategy of simple products optimized for mass production that still maintain each team's brand. I'll be posting the designs division-by-division, going from the top of the standings to the bottom. Without further ado, I'll kick things off with the defending Stanley Cup champs and winners of the Central Division — the Colorado Avalanche.

T0lxpLG.png

These jerseys simply the Avs' current look while tying it to Denver's hockey history, namely the old Colorado Rockies. The arm striping is meant to subtly evoke the Denver flag, the waist striping is reminiscent of the team's original look, and the pants are a callback to the Rockies' old uniforms. With so much Rockies inspiration in the home & road jerseys, I tweaked the alternate jersey to be more of an explicit nod to the Colorado state flag. The Rockies-inspired alternate logo remains on the uniform, but is recolored to pop better on the jersey's navy base.

I'll have the Stars ready to post in a couple days. In the meantime, I'll take any and all criticism you have about these jerseys, this series, and/or my template. Thanks for reading.

For the home and away I would try lowering the sleeve stripes sot hat they're on a similar level to the waist stripes; otherwise they look great. The alternate is fantastic and should replace the one they currently have

ZUH86xc.png

On 4/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, DTConcepts said:

ZtRPHme.png

Love the captains C. The implimentation of the star striping is great, but I would just use the D/star logo. I like the logo with the state outline most of the time, but it feels cluttered here. The alternate is a great improvement and I already love the original. Great job

ZUH86xc.png