The CBL: 16/32 Updates

thesieve22

These are great!  One minor nitpick: Since you're using two-color placket piping on the New York jersey, which looks good, I feel like for consistency's sake you should do two-color piping on the white, gray, and blue jerseys.  Using the Braves style might be a good idea.  Love the Dominican Republic style logo!!

spacer.png

We are a quarter of the way there with the Boston Governors! The primary logo is modeled after the statue of William Bradford in Plymouth, MA. Now, I know the original pilgrims weren't Irish, however, I wanted to represent the large Irish population in Boston, hence the green and orange color scheme. Maybe it doesn't work, C&C welcome. Boston is the other team without white in their colors, as they wear cream home unis. The Govs are the most successful team in the CBL, with 17 Hanson Cups and 47 playoff appearances.

gKVKo5l.pnglBomaOW.pngxRLlFRD.pngtThTxR1.png2huuCgi.png

• Like 3

• thesieve22 changed the title to The CBL: 8/32 Boston Governors
6 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

That governor looks undead

What would a version with cream skin and a gray beard look like?

Also I think it would be nice to see him on an alternate cap

I think the point is that it’s supposed to resemble the statue of Bradford, and that’s why his skin is gray.

1 hour ago, ThisIsFine said:

I think the point is that it’s supposed to resemble the statue of Bradford, and that’s why his skin is gray.

You are correct, I copied the statue a little too closely. I'm going to revisit that logo as I'm not super happy with how it came out. @Bomba Tomba I can try a cream version as well.

On to one of my favorites, the New Orleans Pirates. Joining the league in the most recent expansion in 2005, the Pirates lost a record 119 games in their first year, but made the playoffs in their fourth season and won their only Hanson Cup the next year. I opted for pinstripes at home, and gray pins on the road similar to the Twins. I'm not usually all that good at making logos of people (as you can see with the Govs) but I think this one turned out pretty well. C&C welcome

swxzGYk.pngznRzhd4.pngMGxZ47X.pnguJsi8lA.pngk5CHYQT.png

• Like 2

And I had this one ready to go as well, so here's the Montreal Olympiques. The logo is a "M" blended with a fleur de lis, with the bottom points representing icicles, because, well, Canadian winters are cold. The Olympiques joined the league in 1976, and had to play part of their inaugural season in Vancouver due to the Olympics taking over Olympic Stadium. They have still yet to hoist the Hanson Cup, but are coming off a 97 win season in 2022 and hoping '23 will be their year. Montreal wears all powder blue on the road, with no grey uniform. I was going to do a red uni like the blue jays Canada unis, but since there's also a team in Toronto, I went with a provincial alt.

Xco0b1q.pngsVQgeYc.pngAP2ljpm.pngqgc7sW9.png

Edited by thesieve22
Updated colors, Quebec alt fixed
  • Like 3

• thesieve22 changed the title to The CBL: 10/32 New Orleans & Montreal

The Pirate head did come out better than the Governor head imo

I'm thinking crossed bats behind or below the Pirate to simulate crossbones, or would that be too cluttered?

Not really much to say about Montreal other than I'd buy that home cap

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Time for some updates and options. NY gets two color piping throughout to add consistency, I did stay away from Braves style as I have a few teams using it and wanted to give something different. 

2H0YKsl.pngEcKxCWI.pngqGXKGi1.png

Now some logo options for New Orleans: @ThisIsFine I wanted the NOLA monogram to work, but it is a little much as you pointed out. Three "NO" options below, two are simply a difference in coloring. @Bomba Tomba No crossed bats, as I think it feels too amateurish but did try some with crossbones. I think it clutters it a little too much, but C&C welcome of course. 

hih4cgT.png

• Like 1

Onto the Florida Herons! The other '05 expansion team, Florida has won two Hanson Cups and had a stretch of four straight division titles snapped last year. The Herons uniforms are the most non-traditional in the league (inspired by the Trenton Thunder). All the jerseys have different color sleeves than the jersey itself. I kept it rather basic with hats, with only two options, although I'm open to making a light blue one as well. The primary is a heron head forming an 'F', and the secondary logo is inspired by the Florida state flag, as well as the Florida Panthers shoulder logo. 

jDqNlEP.pngOisfAWu.pngbLRcoh7.pngB16vkLZ.pngT9Ndl6A.png

• Like 3

• thesieve22 changed the title to The CBL: 11/32 Florida Herons
On 7/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, jbird669 said:

I'm liking this series so far!

Thank you!

On 7/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, ThisIsFine said:

The herons look nice! I’d say option b for both the pirate and monogram logos.

Appreciate the feedback, here's the updated set. 

JqS6yAp.pngy4LdYRp.pngladIFwh.pngtjNpAvS.pngRARQivk.png

• Like 1

Next up is the Chicago Threshers, also the host of the 2023 All-Star Game. Another CBL original team, the Threshers have won 13 Hanson Cups and made 36 playoff appearances. Last season, Chicago won 103 games but lost in the first round to Pittsburgh 3-1. The Threshers (named after the grain threshing machine, not the shark) use a double green color palette. They had a BFBS alt in the early 2000's but it was scrapped after 2007. 

O6QDdLM.png996evbW.pngkTeE3q9.pngCgbyI74.pngykId5dh.png

And what kind of series would it be if I didn't make ASG unis? Unlike the MLB, these are just worn for the Home Run Derby, so I got a little creative with em. The hats and jerseys both feature the ASG logo sublimated on. Teams where their normal unis for the game, with special hats (the top ones in the team's colors). The all green hats are for the Derby. 

GQocV0u.png9K9cJgY.png

• Like 1

The first West Coast team with the Los Angeles Bears! The Bears joined in the 1963 expansion, and have been a middle of the pack team for most their history. The Bears best seasons were from 1988-90, when they won three straight Hanson Cups. LA's fourth and final Hanson Cup came in 2015, also the last time they made the playoffs. The Bears name comes from the brown bear featured on the California state flag. 

HHHt9BX.pngtUnZVGX.pngIIogZNv.pngO8cx35x.pngOQ7PHJC.png

• Like 2

• thesieve22 changed the title to The CBL: 13/32 LA Bears & CHI Threshers

In the land of 10,000 lakes, here's the Minnesota Skippers. The primary features a schooner cutting through the waves, with the "M" featured only on the alt cap. The jerseys feature a rope pattern on the sleeves. I was inspired to try the navy jersey with powder blue pants look by one of the Blue Jays affiliates, I want to say Dunedin but could be wrong. Both alts can be worn at home or on the road. On the field, the Skips have been in the league since '55, but have only two Hanson Cups. The '22 season saw Minnesota lose 106 games, and while they're off to a better start this year still look to fall short of the playoffs. 

mvtm7X3.pngVcUg6cN.pngdbQA6or.png6F7DIFF.pngMTKNPBk.png

• Like 2