Oldschoolvikings' Big Ten football... Ohio State, updated already

oldschoolvikings

Not much to complain about here. I really love your Maryland look. The only thing I don’t really like is the maroon Rutgers alternate. Unless there’s some historical reference I’m not aware of, I think black would be better than double red.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 6:59 AM, 8BW14 said:

Not much to complain about here. I really love your Maryland look. The only thing I don’t really like is the maroon Rutgers alternate. Unless there’s some historical reference I’m not aware of, I think black would be better than double red.

No, there's zero historical reference for Rutgers using maroon. I just have an itch to see some team use a double red scheme (I think there was a spring league team recently that did double red, but I can't remember who or what league) and I always feel like one color teams adding black trim seems lazy. 

• Like 1

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' Big Ten football... adding Michigan State and TTUN
9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No, there's zero historical reference for Rutgers using maroon. I just have an itch to see some team use a double red scheme (I think there was a spring league team recently that did double red, but I can't remember who or what league) and I always feel like one color teams adding black trim seems lazy. 

The San Antonio Commanders in the AAF did double red with silver. They looked pretty good too, uniform wise.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

42 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That was it!

spacer.png

Yeah, I think it looks interesting.

Interesting tidbit, had the AAF come back the next year,  the logo may have been changed due to the people running the Alamo enforcing how it can be used in logos. It's partly why it's not explicitly seen in the Brahmas tertiary logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' Big Ten football... adding Indiana and Purdue
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' Big Ten football... adding Northwestern and Illinois
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' Big Ten football... adding Wisconsin and Minnesota

The conference just keeps on giving you more work to do on this thread :)

I like what you've done to Wisconsin with the removal of the drop-shadow. I'm not a fan of the red duct tape W look...but I guess that's just my personal taste. Something from the 1980s (basic W) or 1970s (W in an oval) would make this nearly perfect.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)