NFL X MLB Crossover series (32/32 Commanders Added + Version 2 added)

johne9109

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (2/32 Falcons Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (3/32 Ravens Added)

1. You're using the teams' backup QBs as the name and number example, aren't you?

2. Am I right in assuming that the Browns will have blank caps, like they have blank helmets?

3. Since helmets are turned into caps here, how about using the facemask color as the brim color?

4. Feel like the name for the Cards is too big and the number is too small

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

9 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

1. You're using the teams' backup QBs as the name and number example, aren't you?

2. Am I right in assuming that the Browns will have blank caps, like they have blank helmets?

3. Since helmets are turned into caps here, how about using the facemask color as the brim color?

4. Feel like the name for the Cards is too big and the number is too small

1. Could be. TBH I don't know enough about the rosters of most NFL teams to know who the starting QB is so I'm just going off of the first QB listed on their Wiki page (NFL isn't my most followed sport)
  2. You'll  have to wait and see
  3. I am using the facemask color for the brim as long as it fits aestheticly. For the Cards and Ravens it worked, but for the Falcons it looked weird so I just went all black.
  4. Yeah that name is pretty big. I'll eventually redjust it; thanks!

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (4/32 Bills Added)

None of these are what I would call bad, but they are fairly "meh" and predictable. If you're gonna cross over into baseball, then consider the norms of MLB uniforms.

For one, very few teams put their primary logo on their hat except for those who made their hat logo their primary logo. Even then, for many of the ones who do, the logo is still a monogram (Brewers, Expos, etc.). For the Bills, I don't mind that you used the primary logo due to Buffalo's history with the Blue Jays... one of the few teams who actually do that. But the Falcons and Ravens have an A and a B that would look great on a hat by themselves. As do plenty of other teams.

Also, instead of just slapping a team's primary wordmark on to the jersey. Look for stuff from their history that might work better in a baseball context. Also maybe consider taking a deep dive into the histories of MLB or MiLB teams that happen to share the same name as a NFL team (Columbus Jets, Dubuque Packers, St. Louis Browns, Syracuse Chiefs, etc.).

Just my .02 on what I think would help this series stand out amongst the many other like it that have been posted before.

• Like 3

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (5/32 Panthers Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (6/32 Bears Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (7/32 Bengals Added)

Like stated by a comment before me, would love to see you do some different stuff, outside of the box. Maybe play around with alternate logos for the hats, or turn specific striping into pinstripes, just a suggestion. Everything definitely looks very clean though!

• Like 1

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (8/32 Browns Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (9/32 Cowboys Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (10/32 Broncos Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (11/32 Lions Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (12/32 Packers Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (13/32 Texans Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL X MLB Crossover series (14/32 Colts Added)