NHL Origins by CRDesigns - WPG Added (Finale?)

CRDesigns

4 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Thank you! I struggle a lot with making the Wild not look Christmassy. Lol. 

Today I have Montreal!

vEVS3YP.png
YLF7en2.png

For this one, I combined elements from some of the Habs jerseys from their 100th celebration, mainly the Barberpole jersey  and the sash / maple leaf jerseys.

I will have Nashville up tomorrow! Feedback appreciated as always.

If the Habs ever decided to do a third jersey this would be a perfect choice. 

ZUH86xc.png

13 hours ago, johne9109 said:

If the Habs ever decided to do a third jersey this would be a perfect choice. 

I'm glad you like it! 

Good morning, today I have Nashville!

ct52KrC.png
ofyOj3v.png

Nashville's Origins jersey is very similar to their current home/away set. However I added extra striping similar to the checkerboard alternate from the 2010s. 

Feedback is appreciated as always! New Jersey will be up next.

• Like 6

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - NSH Added

Happy New Year everybody! Thankful for all of the growth and support I had over the past year.

Today I have New Jersey for you all!

Vmw10ek.png
twWa0rj.png

This one is a tweaked version of the Jersey Knights WHA jerseys, a callback that I would love to see the Devils do irl sometime.

Feedback appreciated, as always!

• Like 5

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - NJ Added
11 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Happy New Year everybody! Thankful for all of the growth and support I had over the past year.

Today I have New Jersey for you all!

Vmw10ek.png
twWa0rj.png

This one is a tweaked version of the Jersey Knights WHA jerseys, a callback that I would love to see the Devils do irl sometime.

It looks too similar to the home jersey of the Devils and uses the same colour scheme, which is a problem for a number of jerseys in this series, namely Carolina and Montreal. Using green instead of black would distance the jersey from the home.  I do like the striping though, the Devils really have missed hem striping.

12 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It looks too similar to the home jersey of the Devils and uses the same colour scheme, which is a problem for a number of jerseys in this series, namely Carolina and Montreal. Using green instead of black would distance the jersey from the home.  I do like the striping though, the Devils really have missed hem striping.

Intentional, but I understand the concern. For a lot of these, ive picked the primary jerseys to "mash up" with, because there are a lot of opportunities for cool looks. Unfortunately that means the more boring teams (MTL and NJ especially) arent super fancy. I do have some more unique ones planned for the back half of the league!

Today I have the Islanders!

Speaking of unique looks.....

2Jewb5L.png
AKSb5UX.png

I combined the away jerseys with the fisherman look, utilizing an unused prototype logo (that i personally LOOOOVE). I also used the font from their Reverse Retro jersey. 

Feedback is appreciated, as always! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - NYI Added
2 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

I combined the away jerseys with the fisherman look, utilizing an unused prototype logo (that i personally LOOOOVE).

It's a great logo, just that it's got a representation of Brooklyn Bridge and the Isles no longer play in that Borough and Brooklyn isn't in Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Counties), so it doesn't really work as a main logo and the team had a very unhappy time in the Barclays Center in terms of attendance.  If it had the Fisherman, lighthouse or just the usual Isles logo on the front and numbers that followed the seam stripes  it would be a great jersey.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's a great logo, just that it's got a representation of Brooklyn Bridge and the Isles no longer play in that Borough and Brooklyn isn't in Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Counties), so it doesn't really work as a main logo and the team had a very unhappy time in the Barclays Center in terms of attendance.  If it had the Fisherman, lighthouse or just the usual Isles logo on the front and numbers that followed the seam stripes  it would be a great jersey.

That is a good point about the logo honestly. Looking back maybe the Lighthouse wouldve been a better move

Today i've got the Rangers!

NxNtyVb.png
uHPwU5u.png

This one takes the style of NYR's 1946 jersey, utilizing an arched wordmark instead of a diagonal one. I switched the text to read 'New York' instead of 'Rangers', because I am a firm believer that they should have at least an alternate jersey that has the city name on the front. The striping comes from their heritage alt from the 2010s but in current (or classic) Rangers colours.

• Like 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - NYR Added

Happy Friday everybody. Today I have Ottawa! 
Lets just get to it

TV08F8X.png
QtR3UTI.png

This one is largely inspired by the NHL100 / Heritage Classic jerseys and their current home/away set. I will forever believe that the Sens need to use gold in their actual jerseys so it has been added here.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - OTT Added
49 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

This one is largely inspired by the NHL100 / Heritage Classic jerseys and their current home/away set. I will forever believe that the Sens need to use gold in their actual jerseys so it has been added here.

That is a fine Jersey. Love the Barberpole striping and the use of what I feel is the best Sens logo on the front.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:44 AM, CRDesigns said:

Intentional, but I understand the concern. For a lot of these, ive picked the primary jerseys to "mash up" with, because there are a lot of opportunities for cool looks. Unfortunately that means the more boring teams (MTL and NJ especially) arent super fancy. I do have some more unique ones planned for the back half of the league!

Today I have the Islanders!

Speaking of unique looks.....

2Jewb5L.png
AKSb5UX.png

I combined the away jerseys with the fisherman look, utilizing an unused prototype logo (that i personally LOOOOVE). I also used the font from their Reverse Retro jersey. 

That's a great look IMO. 

A really unique take. 

8 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Lets just get to it

TV08F8X.png
QtR3UTI.png

Just adding a little bit of gold makes the Sens stand out so much 

ZUH86xc.png

Much like the old third jersey I like that this is evocative of the retro barberpole look without going full barberpole. This version of the Sen head is their best one and it's a shame they never used it. I was going to comment on the reversed orientation of the chest stripes before noticing that you also took cues from the NHL 100 design, and now that I've seen that I can appreciate how you've subtley mashed the two designs together.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Good morning! Happy to see all of the feedback, and especially happy to see that you guys enjoyed Ottawa's jersey. It's definitely one of my favourite designs as of recent.

Today I have Philly!

RbHNBPJ.png
289lIDL.png

For this one, I took the old Philadelphia Quakers jerseys (Though simplified) and gave them an inverse black/orange stadium series jersey, where I swapped black for white for a new look the Flyers have never used before.

Feedback appreciated as always! Pittsburgh will be up next.

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - PHI Added
17 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Flyers really need some black. The jersey would be great if the spot in the flyers logo was black along with the 2nd and 4th stripes on the sleeve and the 2nd stripe on the hem.

Definitely agree. Though it was fun to experiment like this! 

Today I have Pittsburgh, where I did something a little different...

giZPXE0.png
KveYlhR.png

Yup. The striping from this one is inspired by the tried and true look of the Steelers, to continue the strong unity between sports in Pittsburgh.

Feedback is appreciated as always!

• Like 4

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - PIT Added
24 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

giZPXE0.png
KveYlhR.png

Yup. The striping from this one is inspired by the tried and true look of the Steelers, to continue the strong unity between sports in Pittsburgh.

A lot of times when people try to give the Pens more traditional striping it ends up looking too much like the Bruins, but using the Steelers striping make this distinctly Pittsburgh. Well done!

ZUH86xc.png

32 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

giZPXE0.png
KveYlhR.png

Im not a Pens fan but that's a really really sharp look. The Penguins should adopt this in some fashion.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:29 AM, Karnage84 said:

Im not a Pens fan but that's a really really sharp look. The Penguins should adopt this in some fashion.

Glad you like it!

Today, we play Gloria for St. Louis!

dlWp7Fx.pngqrTsmhp.png

This is a combination of their Winter Classic colours, 90's jerseys, and navy alts. 

Feedback is appreciated! See you all tomorrow

• Like 5

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - STL Added

Hello & Apologies for vanishing for a couple days. Hit a bit of a creative block, but hammered out a couple concepts over the weekend.

Today I have San Jose

hhXvhF7.png
1jcGyik.png

This design goes back to the California Seals of 1967, taking the striping from their green jersey and using modern SJS colours, putting extra emphasis on orange, creating a look that San Jose has never gone for. 

Feedback is appreciated as always! Seattle will be next.

• Like 2