NHL Origins by CRDesigns - WPG Added (Finale?)

CRDesigns

4 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

This design goes back to the California Seals of 1967, taking the striping from their green jersey and using modern SJS colours, putting extra emphasis on orange, creating a look that San Jose has never gone for.

It's probably a good thing that the Sharks have only thrown back once to that team,  as the California/Oakland/San Francisco/Bay Area (Golden) Seals were an absolute :censored:show of the highest order.  The team didn't have a single winning season during it's brief existance, had awful attendance, did woeful TV and Radio numbers and were almost always broke.  Throwing back once for the RR was probably more than that franchise deserved.

The two shades of teal and the massive amount of orange don't work as well as the actual modern Sharks colours, the teal pops with black far more than with a darker shade of teal. Throwing back to the original Sharks jersey would have been a better bet considering how popular it was.

On 2024-01-10 at 6:54 PM, CRDesigns said:

Today, we play Gloria for St. Louis!

This is a combination of their Winter Classic colours, 90's jerseys, and navy alts. 

Feedback is appreciated! See you all tomorrow

Swap the blues around and add shoulder patches and this would be a fine full time look for St Louis.

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's probably a good thing that the Sharks have only thrown back once to that team,  as the California/Oakland/San Francisco/Bay Area (Golden) Seals were an absolute :censored:show of the highest order.  The team didn't have a single winning season during it's brief existance, had awful attendance, did woeful TV and Radio numbers and were almost always broke.  Throwing back once for the RR was probably more than that franchise deserved.

The two shades of teal and the massive amount of orange don't work as well as the actual modern Sharks colours, the teal pops with black far more than with a darker shade of teal. Throwing back to the original Sharks jersey would have been a better bet considering how popular it was.

Swap the blues around and add shoulder patches and this would be a fine full time look for St Louis.

Oh you are definitely right lol. What a train wreck. I also probably would agree on the colours here, but the reason I avoided throwing back to basic SJS history was because ive seen that done before many times. Wanted to give it a new spin. Happy to hear you liked the Blues jersey.

Thank you for the feedback!

We're on the final stretch of the series now, but thankfully it is not over yet! Today we have Seattle!

T4G3Lg4.png
d4dL7Dr.png

This one is inspired by the Mariners, or more specifically, the Seattle Pilots! I love the striping on those retro jerseys, so I brought it over for a triple blue jersey design. 

Feedback is appreciated as always, and thank you all for following.

• Like 7

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - SEA Added

We continue down the road today with Tampa Bay! 

I always have fun designing for Tampa, their branding allows for some pretty cool concept options, but for this one I kept it pretty classic.

llJHCxC.png
IA19VTB.png

This is essentially a combination of their inaugural jerseys and their current home/away. I used grey as the primary colour to try something new, though I originally did consider black. 

Feedback is appreciated as always! Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - TBL Added
On 2024-01-17 at 6:38 PM, CRDesigns said:

This one is inspired by the Mariners, or more specifically, the Seattle Pilots! I love the striping on those retro jerseys, so I brought it over for a triple blue jersey design. 

Feedback is appreciated as always, and thank you all for following.

The Pilots had different striping - four gold stripes with five much thinner navy ones, as opposed to the equal width seven stripes on the Kraken jersey, so I wouldn't say you've brought over the striping. That said, the jersey looks good though the eye on the main logo should have been kept red as the logo loses something without it.

5 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

This is essentially a combination of their inaugural jerseys and their current home/away. I used grey as the primary colour to try something new, though I originally did consider black. 

Feedback is appreciated as always! Thanks for reading.

Black would have been the better choice, not really a fan of grey as a base colour for hockey and the old Lightning logo doesn't work that well with the current Lightning logo as the sleeve patches.

17 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Pilots had different striping - four gold stripes with five much thinner navy ones, as opposed to the equal width seven stripes on the Kraken jersey, so I wouldn't say you've brought over the striping. That said, the jersey looks good though the eye on the main logo should have been kept red as the logo loses something without it.

Black would have been the better choice, not really a fan of grey as a base colour for hockey and the old Lightning logo doesn't work that well with the current Lightning logo as the sleeve patches.

Thanks for the feedback!
For Seattle, I intentionally reduced the striping a bit to better fit a modern day hockey jersey (that's kinda the basis of this whole series), and I honestly agree about the red. 
As for Tampa, you are not wrong at all. Im going to be remaking it in black for funzies, ill post it here after the series is complete.

Today I have Toronto!

XCRefrR.png

m9jWIey.png

This one is a mix of St. Pats and Arenas striping, though the Arenas inspiration is heavily simplified. 

Feedback is appreciated as always! Also, I will be debuting a new template starting from Vegas. I decided not to keep it consistent so I can get more practice with it. It'll have the current front/back template but also a new skater view of it. 

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - TOR Added

I would say "Happy Monday" but lets be real, its just Monday. 😅
Today I have Vancouver and to say I chose a unique idea may be a small understatement..

CPQgG5e.png
K8Qqvju.png

This is definitely out there, I consider it a mix of their flying V jerseys in the style of their current away jerseys. 

Feedback is appreciated as always!!

• Like 4

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - VAN Added
23 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That Canucks jersey is like a punch in the eye, which is what something inspired by the Flying V should look like. It's ugly, and thats a good thing.

Pretty much! Thank you again for replying.

Today I will be debuting a new addition to my template with Vegas!

PThOz6Z.png

The idea of this jersey was to combine the simplicity of the winter classic jerseys with their home jerseys (though lets be real its just more of a home jersey redesign lol)

Feedback is appreciated as always!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - VGK Added + New Template
2 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Pretty much! Thank you again for replying.

Today I will be debuting a new addition to my template with Vegas!

PThOz6Z.png

The idea of this jersey was to combine the simplicity of the winter classic jerseys with their home jerseys (though lets be real its just more of a home jersey redesign lol)

Use this template from now on please, you get to see the gloves, stockings, pants and bucket, and best of all the taped up hockey stick.

I like the jerseys, though they are rather relatively understated and subtle, not words that are generally associated with Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Use this template from now on please, you get to see the gloves, stockings, pants and bucket, and best of all the taped up hockey stick.

I like the jerseys, though they are rather relatively understated and subtle, not words that are generally associated with Vegas.

Glad youre a fan!! 😅 
I've been waiting for this template to drop for a while. It has quite the learning curve but im figuring it out slowly but surely!

Good morning everybody! Today I have Washington! The 2nd last team in this series....

jg1rtAO.png

This is the capitol building jersey, with a logo change and colour change. I also straightened the sleeve stripes. Honestly i feel like this is more of a good option for Team USA than Washington but i digress!

• Like 6

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - WSH Added
5 hours ago, Section30 said:

That Washington set is really sharp, but the color tweak and the blue jersey over red pants is giving major Ranger vibes rather than Caps.

I agree. I would be interested in seeing the colors stay, but swapping them so red is the main color and blue is secondary

ZUH86xc.png

23 hours ago, Section30 said:

That Washington set is really sharp, but the color tweak and the blue jersey over red pants is giving major Ranger vibes rather than Caps.

You definitely are not wrong and I had that feeling while making it. Probably shouldve gone with a red jersey instead. 

Well, today is the final day (unless anybody would like me to try a couple defunct teams?) and that means we have Winnipeg!
Since the Jets are my favourite team and I am incredibly biased, I made 3 jersey options for them lol

rHRPZRL.png
07V46jt.png
gWRueQ6.png

The idea behind this was to take the style of their away jerseys and combine it with their heritage set and colours. I also decided to use the 90s era Jets logo because people (including me) seem to adore it. 

Thank you to everyone who followed along with this series! Let me know if you would like to see some defunct teams. I am unsure what kind of series ill be doing next so I need a way to keep myself busy! 

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Origins by CRDesigns - WPG Added (Finale?)
On 2024-01-25 at 2:33 PM, CRDesigns said:

Thank you to everyone who followed along with this series! Let me know if you would like to see some defunct teams. I am unsure what kind of series ill be doing next so I need a way to keep myself busy! 

Can we see the Hartford Whalers?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Can we see the Hartford Whalers?

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

I second this notion. Always love to see some Whalers concepts

!!!
Absolutely. Whalers are on deck, will be posted sometime this week. 

• Like 1