Heavy's Arena Football thread ((USFL/XFL/AAF/AFL)) **DLC begins**

heavybass

6 hours ago, heavybass said:

It's time for the obligational bad looking team!

TAMPA BAY VIPERS
ABLVV855_V_QenRJd9J9uuBEQfTJ2paGNFeYQJhZ

ABLVV84LcaVVBedJQaQsKLrBFBDgElw8lnwNGr0f

Arena Football will always have a home for a team that has now been rejected twice by two cities now... this is the price of being cheap in the Rock's 'UFL'.

Meanwhile everyone else's reaction...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsmMAH9X3epeVYlZjHTR_

Why two Tampa teams?

42 minutes ago, SpidersReorg said:

Why two Tampa teams?

In Arena Football there's not much budget thus the affordability of having more than one team in a city and I am not putting them in Miami.... if this team was in Miami we would of had a Miami Vice decal but since that costs MONEY they're staying in Tampa.

And now for another Tampa team.

TAMPA BAY STORM

ABLVV85p5WMhGrboEZny9u3bGpSw752AclmqtAb_

ABLVV87lCCkAZXwyewzdkUaAMsZYAPxXh_5mXnNL

The Storm has a great logo and a clean uniform set and that is what I decided to do.... sometimes it's not about the bad and ugly stuff, sometimes its about preserving a team that lasted since 1993.

"looks at his watch" Oh look it's time to...

TENNESSEE RAGE

ABLVV87IENBLmBbPPrI82VD5pdcAStygN5kOYQPx

ABLVV86Om_QlVhz-LxcA-cxuu37wqvRmm-u9_4Bc

It be criminal not to waste the Rage, it be absolute criminal to not use the Orlando Rage here however it wasn't enough to use on it's own so I merged this team with the Memphis Maniax and moved that combo all the way to Nashville where Navy, Gold and now Teal dominate the city and become the Rage that the state of Tennessee needs to be.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, BengalErnst said:

Thank you. This is what I was hoping for. Something a little out of the box. 

No problem, I figured I would have to merge a couple of teams at some point.... the Maniax didn't have a good logo set but had a good teal and the Rage had navy and gold which is Nashville colours so put two and two together and boom Rage of a different city.

Next team up is a 90's team with personality, colour and a prime location.... most people tend to be like Indiana? But the logo will tell you HAHAHA NO...

ALBANY FIREBIRDS

ABLVV8566mqvzzKfs9bBRbB8eIJTximo83Jo6Pon

ABLVV85_whAGXcWdc7F7N2raNiGLLPgKaQq4rQBI

That logo, that face.... I was originally going to borrow @WideRight's logo for the Firebirds but then that face told me it had character, it had branding and it was better off on a white helmet so I merged the two eras of the kit... the original kit set with the updated logo before their move to Indiana.

However Albany will always be their home and thus eligibility to the Eastern section with the Defenders and the Guardians.

Summary of Arena Football thread so far:

EAST
Tampa Bay Bandits
Orlando Apollos

New York Guardians
DC Defenders
Miami (Vi)pers
Albany Firebirds

NORTH

Pittsburgh Maulers

Michigan Panthers

Birmingham Iron ((Don't argue with logic))

Chicago Enforcers

Chicago Bruisers

Detroit Drive

Pittsburgh Gladiators

SOUTH

Memphis Showboats

Arizona Hotshots

Tennessee Rage

Tampa Bay Storm

WEST

Denver Dynamite

-----

As you can see, I've been upfront with East and North so far... and lacking on the South and West.

Sometimes I'm a sucker for a good design... especially from a defunt team.

DALLAS TEXANS

ABLVV846TEb0UrZ8jhDAyZ4DRIpTankIL-1is3OZ

ABLVV85-p7YD1ElHjxvLmWE8J4DccnpeigsKjSr4

Yes the Texans... a side from the early 90's that had some good logos, colors but hey it's better than Jerryworld's bastard son and his Desperados.

If the design isn't good enough then not much you can do with a team that literally took a defunt NFL's colors and make them their own.

That would be a solid look for the actual Texans if you replace the helmet logo with theirs, and then made the primary red

Yes, I want the Houston Texans to have red as their primary to differentiate them with the other three RWB teams (Pats, Giants, Bills) who all have blue as their primary

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

"looks at the West division" I am not satisfied with only the Denver Dynamite as its sole rep.... let's give them company!

DENVER GOLD

ABLVV875iS9RM4PoTAK_daijGbjik92b2uzhMfqB

ABLVV87GDBTGe3B-EABfQbzPn6nsbwGKUAPrH8x6

And now for the superior team of Denver... the much loved Denver Gold with it's main attribute of Chrome Gold alongside light gold, black and white.... the team has a superior logo which is maintained and worked mostly as a better looking Pittsburgh Steelers kit wise.... yes even better with black, black, white as opposed to the black and gold :censored:fest in Pittsburgh.

Speaking of Arena Football, there's one team in the XFL that would be taking advantage of it all.

LAS VEGAS OUTLAWS

ABLVV84XXJNdW3I552RjliT20QyhZpTxJQDIDpGE

ABLVV870vybDg721sLg-Ah6dLqKKpx_nqlaYad4V

The Outlaws of Las Vegas... hate them or not have the perfect Arena Identity.... located in the confines of the Golden Knights stadium, this side that employs vegas gold, strip red, outlaw black and white to set themselves up for perfect attendances in small levels.

Wonder as I brought the prototype logo back and essentially updated the color design to match modern day Vegas standards... especially since the Vipers were essentially rounded up like boot snakes.

Also the helmet is a reference to the former Arena Football Outlaws.

Seems like this thread is like a serpent in the grass, ready to strike at a moment's notice... which is why I went with this today.

CAROLINA COBRAS

ABLVV84W822hGW4cKELrIMxPetilwbCi-zwfxk_w

ABLVV85NalRQak1_ZsLlorVyT9JmYwPDTW6Wl4Vi

The Carolina Cobras here are a mix of current NAL Cobras and the original Carolina Cobras.... subsituting the gold for silver and emphasing the black and blood red as this is a team representing South Carolina.

..... This thread needs updating.

ARIZONA WRANGLERS

ABLVV86PX_HIvK11V7_ky6Y4xSAa4TXfaX5b-qF3

ABLVV86BhVEMdl8YuqqpCZSbNB_X9qrsBU3Xb9kr

The Wranglers remain the more unique of all the USFL West Coast teams... that Copper is rich against the Red, Yellow and Blue as it compliments the state of Arizona.

And the last team to officially take us halfway through this request topic.

SAN DIEGO FLEET

ABLVV87UI8Plv2hegR2S2Sd6V0ryAsYB24VedAVH

ABLVV86IrWY-lCh8DO2VIixp5_N7nr1P-hA0Ak_E

Ah... ANTHRACITE, a colour more depressing than Glasgow and dark enough to be classed as Concrete Cancer... considered poisonous by any other team that dons it, the only team that successfully utilises it is actually the San Diego Fleet of the ole AAF for they use it alongisde Grey and Yellow to make a very unique scheme alongside the chevrons which this tam is famed for.

Here I make an off colour version to use as their road and use yellow pants as colour pants to alternate.

Time for a radical departure.

ATLANTA LEGENDS

ABLVV853KZNJiCkFrGj_TyifDRTqd48u_n5mMV2l

ABLVV85m9tt5vLpkGz56Yx0D8KJ499AqVhaqhOTN

Not a big fan of the Legends and their Purple... however Legends exchanging with the Apollos in terms of colours wasn't something I didn't expect so the Purple went to Orlando in exchange for the Navy but then I went further and revert the Navy to classic Royal Blue of the Rams fame.... and this is what I ended up.

They may be Kings but the rest of us will call them the Royals.

On 1/9/2024 at 3:55 PM, heavybass said:

And the last team to officially take us halfway through this request topic.

SAN DIEGO FLEET

ABLVV87UI8Plv2hegR2S2Sd6V0ryAsYB24VedAVH

ABLVV86IrWY-lCh8DO2VIixp5_N7nr1P-hA0Ak_E

Ah... ANTHRACITE, a colour more depressing than Glasgow and dark enough to be classed as Concrete Cancer... considered poisonous by any other team that dons it, the only team that successfully utilises it is actually the San Diego Fleet of the ole AAF for they use it alongisde Grey and Yellow to make a very unique scheme alongside the chevrons which this tam is famed for.

Here I make an off colour version to use as their road and use yellow pants as colour pants to alternate.

My favorite uniforms you’ve designed during this 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League