2024 NWSL Kits/Branding

Digby

On 2/27/2024 at 10:48 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I'm guessing they want to stand out and go home vs home kits when playing Seattle. 

I was referring solely to the yellow color, not the red. I’m thrilled that they’ve gone back to red primaries, they never should’ve gone away from them. I’m still very lukewarm on the yellow accents, though.

In any case, my favorite part of the new red kit is easily the socks:

spacer.png

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I dig that one but I think their away is my favorite color application of this gradient teamwear thing. Greenish-dark grey is an interesting color and plays nicely with the red and neon yellow combination.

plbrbmjv3daonbyyeqvj.png 

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Looking at the NWSL and Red Stars site, and it seems like the badge on this year's kit is not the primary badge? I figured it was a team rebrand, but it doesn't appear that way looking at the team's and league's web site.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I dig that one but I think their away is my favorite color application of this gradient teamwear thing. Greenish-dark grey is an interesting color and plays nicely with the red and neon yellow combination.

I would agree with you there. I also like how the red badge pops off of the darker base color. 

54 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Looking at the NWSL and Red Stars site, and it seems like the badge on this year's kit is not the primary badge? I figured it was a team rebrand, but it doesn't appear that way looking at the team's and league's web site.

That’s a secondary logo for them, they’ve worn it on their shorts for a few years but not on the shirts (as far as I remember, at least). 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2024-02-29 at 8:25 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Something I'm surprised they didn't copy from MLS was putting the league patch above the Ally logo. They're the only league I know that doesn't have the league patch on their uniforms. 

There have been rumblings of an NWSL rebrand in the works, so I wonder if they're just waiting til that goes through to start pushing the league as a brand itself.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers