power 5 uniforms redesigned

udubfan19

I started redesigning every power 5 & independent team's uniforms, I started some time in December or late November. i didn't account for event/alternate helmets (I.E BC's red bandana helmet)

jersey number is chosen to best represent the font. most of these are concepts or previous jerseys i saw and put on this template, as this is the closest to seeing it on field without photoshopping the uniform on the players themselves.

PAC 12:

Arizona state: based off of their 2011-2014 uniforms & @mbannon92's concept.

GPKgwkU.png

Arizona: I really liked their 2017-2020 uniforms, their current jerseys look basic & have striping inconsistencies. 

M9eYZ6L.png

Cal: I like their 2013-2016 jerseys more than the current ones, but I didn't like the collar, so I removed it and modified the striping next to it to point into the jerseys seam

zRQJtwR.png

Colorado: as I have seen before on this site, I too like the idea of northwestern stripes on the current jersey

BY3gbBH.png

Oregon State: their new uniforms are okay but I don't like the shoulder stripes, I think they would look better on the sleeves, I also swapped the numbers on the home & road jerseys to orange.

P06kBp8.png

Oregon: their pro-combat uniforms were better than the current ones, also I prefer the wings on the helmet.

ZXxtdcp.png

Stanford: I saw a picture of Richard Sherman in a cardinal uniform, I saw 2 stripes on the pants, never again did I see 2 stripes & thought they never existed. then I saw a picture of them from that era. up until today (3/23/24 edit) i never knew Stanford actually wore similar uniforms to the red alternate concept shown below

0mL2kks.png

UCLA: their current jerseys are good, but I think the white & gold should be navy-dominant, and added navy & black alternates.

9nlJ2yH.png

USC: I reverted back to their 2015 jerseys; the number font was better & I kept chrome helmets as alternates. I also added a yellow outline to the road numbers.

aTy7Ojv.png

Utah: I prefer the mountains on the sleeves over the 7-stripe jerseys they have now.

Kda7UFk.png

Washington State: I based it off the 2011-2016 jerseys with the modern helmets, I also modified the designs on the sleeves & pants.

X9SX5sL.png

Washington: I used with the 2004-2008 jerseys with 2009-2013 pants and added a chrome helmet & black alternate that matched. GO DAWGS!

Hxs4qhw.png

• Like 5

SEC: 

Alabama: no change outside of their helmets, where I thought the A logo looks better than numbers.

15imlWt.png

Arkansas: I based it of the 2014-2019 jerseys, but I removed the template filler & modified the pants stripe to look like tusks.

yqUoD4e.png

Auburn: I moved the helmet & jersey stripe down to the pants, added a small number outline, blue pants & the orange jersey.

jFGEtyG.png

Florida: I put the F on the helmet (to show the student's grades 😲) and made the striping different on white & orange elements, instead of having the same as blue elements.

5dXk9Kq.png

Georgia: I made the white stripe & facemask black; it looks better to me. same with the 2013-2021 number font. I made the black jersey follow the rest.

MJzKi5n.png

Kentucky: I think the recent uniform change was a downgrade, the checkerboards look better. i think the jerseys before that one had better pants striping, so I added it there.

KJJm1XQ.png

LSU: before you argue, HOW DO YOU FIND THIS SCARIER THAN THIS. only one looks like they can actually eat me, it's the ladder. also, I added a number outline.

Oh6rwgL.png

Mississippi state: I think the ribbon look is more unique, so I used it. also, gray is demoted to accent color, it just doesn't look right on MSU's uniforms.

RAujCYo.png

Missouri: the tiger stripes are way better looking than the plain northwestern stripes in Missouri's case. the problem is none of the jerseys were consistent.

z5easUs.png

Ole miss: not much change except for the removal of powder blue, it looks horrible & is unnecessary.

No9mR48.png

South Carolina: the 2 stripes look better & more unique than the northwestern stripe. & now the white helmet follows the black & garnet

NrepJfC.png

Tennessee: the checkerboard looks better than the current uniforms, but I made theirs 3 squares think compared to Kentucky's 2 wide checkerboard. also 1 gray.

CtibKRI.png

Texas a&m: I prefer the new number font but the old striping, I made the pants consistent with the jersey too.

xTPHqIR.png

Vanderbilt: heavily inspired by @mbannon92's concept. 4 stripes represent the commodores rank in the navy.

VNMGIKZ.png

• Like 3

ACC:

Boston college: I see eye to eye with @edjb93 on this one. combining the 2011-15 jerseys & 2016-19 jerseys.

EMM6ZCm.png

Clemson: I modified the facemask, number font, & striping one white Pants.

qSajrRc.png

Duke: almost no change to their 2015 set.

MwM1YnA.png

Florida state: almost no change to their 2020-2022 set except for the black helmet

JmkAur0.png

Georgia tech: almost no change to their 2019-2021 set.

DCGsOAw.png

Louisville: almost no change to their 2014 set except for a chrome red helmet & black helmet.

K6Xyy9U.png

Miami: heavily based off of @edjb93's concept.

oVvOv4f.png

NC state: I prefer the 2014-2017 jerseys over the 2018- jerseys. but the black jerseys at the time didn't follow the red & white, so I made them.

YHs3aKI.png

North Carolina: I am not a fan of the argyle patterns or the drop-shadow throwbacks, I prefer the 2009-2012 jerseys and the alternate chrome Carolina helmet. with no feet on it.

3rm5gs4.png

Pitt: not a fan of the royal-yellow look compared to the navy-gold look. 2014-2015 looked the cleanest though.

XDfJ1Rp.png

Syracuse: I like their 2014-2018 jerseys but I made the lines break 4 times to honor the legendary number 44 at Syracuse (and I didn't even use it on the jerseys *facepalm)

5Hi4FPd.png

Virginia Tech: I used the 2010-2015 jerseys with consistent striping & the 2016- number font

nQ9dknj.png

Virginia: changed the font to block, it looks too much like techs', 

IHqefPs.png

wake forest: after taking 6-EVER (not 5-ever) to find the sleeve design from 2015-18, I gave up. but when looking for a substitute hyperlink for the website I put these on 1st, I found it.

UVb2BLp.png

• Like 1

Big 12:

Baylor: gold>yellow & they have historically worn gold. not yellow. but I don't want 2 shades of either color, the problem with their green & gold jersey.

zWKbCR4.png

BYU: I prefer the navy look over royal.

n01qkwg.png

UCF: I like their 2015 jerseys. but I made black the primary jersey instead gold which was the primary back then.

lBB2wUe.png

Cincinnati: I used their 2015 sleeve & helmet stripe with their current pants stripe, I feel they match.

oXN9YWe.png

Houston: I liked their Nebraska - Wisconsin jerseys. so I used them & added a navy-blue alternate. think of the diff. like this: H has 0 stripes, N has 1, W has 2.

UEXev2M.png

Iowa state: the UCLA stripes jersey is nowhere near as bland as the current ones. also, I brought back the chrome helmets.

jPpmNvs.png

Kansas state: added purple pants, otherwise not much change

YnOaDzM.png

Kansas: I like they ditched the Trajan font, but they now look too much like Kansas state, their rivals. so I brought back the previous - gen striping.

RGWEd0S.png

Oklahoma state: I brought back their 2011-2015 jerseys, but extended the pants stripe down to the edges of the pants.

9sUTs9A.png

Oklahoma: removed the stupid alternates. nothing else.

KvC34Pu.png

TCU: i brought back the Boykin-era jerseys withe the frog skin sleeves. i picture those jerseys when I picture TCU.

u1yuZ8g.png

Texas Tech: not much changed from their current jerseys.

cUCltal.png

Texas: I added an orange facemask & black alt to the set & a jersey inspired by this jersey I had seen.

W4iYwgG.png

West Virginia: I prefer the 2013-2018 font over the 2019- font. so, I tied it together with more traditional striping that I modified.

ylUs0NH.png

• Like 2

FBS independents:

UConn: I based it off their 2015 jerseys.

4ki7m5U.png

Umass: I based it off their 2015 set, I added a black alternate that matches the rest of the set.

pJbx1Fg.png

Notre dame: I kept the home & away mostly the same besides the number font. the thing is they say the green jersey is bad luck. they never lost wearing green w/ blue numbers though. EDIT: the helmet is more clearly shown to be accurate colors

lt34qUo.png

• Like 3

Big 10:

Illinois: mostly their 2014-2016 set with a chrome helmet for the gray jersey.

CL9BO7x.png

Indiana: I prefer their Oklahoma copies over what they have now, but I added UCLA stripes to make them more unique.

VT4Zjkb.png

Iowa: I don't like the steelers nor their uniforms. and I don't like that the Hawkeyes copied them. so, I got the main idea from their throwback & @Brave-Bird 08

fiBqjXA.png

Maryland: I used the 2016 jerseys with @edjb93's helmet & pants design.

dUnDpcJ.png

Michigan state: not much change from their previous set except for the pants & chrome helmet.

dyfTHPK.png

Michigan: added a white outline to the road numbers. (Cheaters, make sense for tom Brady's school.)

Le4Y5KO.png

Minnesota: I based it off of their 2012-2017 design but added a yellow outline to the road numbers.

sLVI7Gb.png

Nebraska: I put the 2 stripes back on their pants. USE THE HELMET STRIPES TO DIFFERIENTIATE. 

nrGnZWO.png

Northwestern: not much change from their current set beside the pants stripes.

E9C7LBK.png

Ohio state: made the stripes change on different color elements + added all white & dark gray jerseys.

WjrOHZM.png

Penn state: added the logo to the helmet. removed the alternates.

gZUq7Lv.png

Purdue: based off of their 2011-2015 set because I think it looks cleaner than the current jerseys.

BmrzqeQ.png

Rutgers: I really liked @edjb93's concept, so I based mine off of it.

NCPFgCa.png

Wisconsin: not much change except for removing the break in the stripes. they have 2 helmet stripes, Nebraska has 1, Houston has 0.

CzTpmoz.png

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 10:55 PM, udubfan19 said:

FBS independents:

UConn: I based it off their 2015 jerseys.

4ki7m5U.png

Umass: I based it off their 2015 set, I added a black alternate that matches the rest of the set.

pJbx1Fg.png

Notre dame: I kept the home & away mostly the same besides the number font. the thing is they say the green jersey is bad luck. they never lost wearing green w/ blue numbers though.

MsM0eCr.png

Why are the Notre Dame helmets red and yellow??

N3d5IIl.png

On 2/5/2024 at 11:10 PM, udubfan19 said:

Big 10:

Illinois: mostly their 2014-2016 set with a chrome helmet for the gray jersey.

CL9BO7x.png

Indiana: I prefer their Oklahoma copies over what they have now, but I added UCLA stripes to make them more unique.

VT4Zjkb.png

Iowa: I don't like the steelers nor their uniforms. and I don't like that the Hawkeyes copied them. so, I changed the stripes to northwestern striping.

lkpmimF.png

Maryland: I used the 2016 jerseys with @edjb93's helmet & pants design.

dUnDpcJ.png

Michigan state: not much change from their previous set except for the pants & chrome helmet.

dyfTHPK.png

Michigan: added a white outline to the road numbers. (Cheaters, make sense for tom Brady's school.)

Le4Y5KO.png

Minnesota: I based it off of their 2012-2017 design but added a yellow outline to the road numbers.

sLVI7Gb.png

Nebraska: I put the 2 stripes back on their pants. USE THE HELMET STRIPES TO DIFFERIENTIATE. 

nrGnZWO.png

Northwestern: not much change from their current set beside the pants stripes.

E9C7LBK.png

Ohio state: made the stripes change on different color elements + added all white & dark gray jerseys.

WjrOHZM.png

Penn state: added the logo to the helmet. removed the alternates.

gZUq7Lv.png

Purdue: based off of their 2011-2015 set because I think it looks cleaner than the current jerseys.

BmrzqeQ.png

Rutgers: I really liked @edjb93's concept, so I based mine off of it.

NCPFgCa.png

Wisconsin: not much change except for removing the break in the stripes. they have 2 helmet stripes, Nebraska has 1, Houston has 0.

CzTpmoz.png

The Rutgers set looks very nice! out of curiosity why chose to use the large block N for nebraska, and as well as the move to put the nittany lion on penn state's helmet?  

also, looking at about 4 schools you gave the northwestern stripe,  specifically Iowa. I would definitely suggest maybe something a bit different, given that they play in the same division of the same conference.  

3 hours ago, Hd1graphics said:

also, looking at about 4 schools you gave the northwestern stripe,  specifically Iowa. I would definitely suggest maybe something a bit different, given that they play in the same division of the same conference.  

now I see it. I will work on that.

3 hours ago, Hd1graphics said:

The Rutgers set looks very nice! out of curiosity why chose to use the large block N for nebraska, and as well as the move to put the nittany lion on penn state's helmet?  

also, on Nebraska, the change is for consistency with their branding & other sports. and Penn state, on schools like them & Alabama, it's not like they would ever change their uniforms, and to me, the logo usually looks better on the helmet.