Concepts and ideas for Football League of America (FLofA) (10/40?) (new tweaks)

tsizer

I hope to someday create this, but I have had a dream to create teams and actually see them in action. I got this idea from a creater named @Zilligendesignstudio who was able to create concepts of teams he created and mod them into Madden. I know I am far off from getting that far, but I wanted to post some ideas I have had over the years, and get feedback of ideas. I would also love to see logos dropped from other people to get inspiration. All in all, I just love logos and football, and creating them is been a random passion of mine for years.

Here is a list I created to give an idea of where I am heading for the Football League of America.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE OF AMERICA

AMERICAN LEAGUE?

NATIONAL LEAGUE?

Cincinnati Centaurs

New Orleans Gladers

Detroit Hellcats

Dallas Gunslingers/Dodgers?

Arizona Copperheads

Los Angeles Lancers

Baltimore Divers?

Pittsburgh Barons?

Brooklyn Bastions?

Colorado Whitecaps/Gold?

Texas Tycoons

Cleveland Dynamos?

Boston Battalion

Chicago Guardians

Miami Mantas

Indianapolis Greenbacks

San Antonio Riders

Jacksonville Predators?

Tampa Bay Prowlers

St. Louis Stormers

Buffalo Nickels?

Carolina Marauders

Tulsa Oilers?

New York Gallants

Minnesota Anglers/Dragons/Lakers?

Kansas City Twisters/Gales?

Seattle Sea Wolves/Voyagers?

Wisconsin Wolf Pack?

Philadelphia Haymakers/?

San Diego Dreadnoughts?

San Jose

Tennessee

Atlanta Firebirds?

Utah Canyons

Houston Rocketeers?

San Francisco

Albuquerque Dukes/Dragons?

Las Vegas Red Tails/Gambits?

Idaho Silver?

Houston Rocketeers?

Washington Sentinels

Oklahoma City

Wichita

Anaheim Barracudas?

Orlando

Nashville

New Jersey

???

Now since I do not have a template or computer that can create this more professionally, I used the game Super Mega Baseball to create some mockups. Here are some ones I have created so far. Now the first logo would ideally be on the helmet, and the second be an alternate logo. 

Detroit Hellcats

With it being the Motor City I tried to stay with that theme, and that's how I came across the name. The Hellcat engine is produced in Detroit, and I feel like there is a lot you can do with this brand.  

clcf31715877366.jpg

ejAvN1715877433.jpg

New York Gallants

New York is one of the states that has the most castles residing in it. I love the branding you can do with Knights, but wanted to go with a new nickname. Gallants was a catchy synonym and I was hoping to create something slightly different than what UCF has for their brand.

Ppt9k1715878183.jpg

4VRJm1715878493.jpg

Los Angeles Lancers 

I love the gold and blue UCLA uses, so I wanted to build a brand that can use those colors well. I have always liked the team nickname "Lancers" and wondered why it was not used more. I do not quite have a good alternate logo in mind yet, but that's why I am posting on here.

zNzQq1715878753.jpg

@tsizer -- When posting images, right-click on the image itself and select "Copy image address", then paste that right into the reply/compose box here on the boards. The image should then embed automatically. Make sure you're doing this and not copying the URL from the address bar, as that won't embed the image.

Wisconsin Wolf Pack   

Always thought the Wolf Pack was a cool nickname for a team. When looking up where lots of them reside, there are actually a lot in Wisconsin. I envision that the "W" would encompass the whole top of the helmet.

ozRYs1715882065.jpg

v70hL1715882226.jpg

Baltimore Divers 

Got inspiration from the Carolina Hurricanes and how they use a hurricane warning flag. The Diver flag is simple, but can be used in different ways. Might use it in a shield or something, but for now I like what I can do with the stripe on the flag.

KUQ541715883465.jpg

iDIoS1715883650.jpg

If you’re on PC, you should have a snipping tool to use to make screenshots. Also Wisconsin’s a little plain.. everything  else is good

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

I don't have a PC at the moment, but when Maximum Football or College Football 25 is out I will make more details for what I envision.

• tsizer changed the title to Concepts for Football League of America (FLA) (ideas)
On 5/16/2024 at 12:09 PM, tsizer said:

I hope to someday create this, but I have had a dream to create teams and actually see them in action. I got this idea from a creater named @Zilligendesignstudio who was able to create concepts of teams he created and mod them into Madden. I know I am far off from getting that far, but I wanted to post some ideas I have had over the years, and get feedback of ideas. I would also love to see logos dropped from other people to get inspiration. All in all, I just love logos and football, and creating them is been a random passion of mine for years.

Here is a list I created to give an idea of where I am heading for the Football League of America.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE OF AMERICA

AMERICAN LEAGUE?

NATIONAL LEAGUE?

Cincinnati Centaurs

New Orleans Gladers

Detroit Hellcats

Dallas Gunslingers/Dodgers?

Arizona Copperheads

Los Angeles Lancers

Baltimore Divers?

Pittsburgh Barons?

Brooklyn Bastions?

Colorado Whitecaps/Gold?

Texas Tycoons

Cleveland Dynamos?

Boston Battalion

Chicago Guardians

Miami Mantas

Indianapolis Greenbacks

San Antonio Riders

Jacksonville Predators?

Tampa Bay Prowlers

St. Louis Stormers

Buffalo Nickels?

Carolina Marauders

Tulsa Oilers?

New York Gallants

Minnesota Anglers/Dragons/Lakers?

Kansas City Twisters/Gales?

Seattle Sea Wolves/Voyagers?

Wisconsin Wolf Pack?

Philadelphia Haymakers/?

San Diego Dreadnoughts?

San Jose

Tennessee

Atlanta Firebirds?

Utah Canyons

Houston Rocketeers?

San Francisco

Albuquerque Dukes/Dragons?

Las Vegas Red Tails/Gambits?

Idaho Silver?

Houston Rocketeers?

Washington Sentinels

Oklahoma City

Wichita

Anaheim Barracudas?

Orlando

Nashville

New Jersey

???

My ideas:

Brooklyn Hooligans

(Gangsta-themed)

Buffalo Plowers

(Snow-themed)

Tusla Racers

(Chili Bowl hosts races)

Minnesota Angels

Seattle Sea Wolves

Philadelphia Stallions

(Rocky)

San Jose Codebreakers

Atlanta Flames

(Olympic-themed)

Houston Martians

Albuquerque Jackrabbits

(Looney Tunes)

Idaho Bucks

Wichita Farmers

Orlando Wizards

New Jersey Demons

Dallas Gunslingers

Pittsburgh Slammers

Colorado Whitecaps

Cleveland Dynamos

Kansas City Twisters

San Diego Dreadnoughts

Tennessee Tunes

San Francisco Samurai

Las Vegas Red Tails

Houston Moonshots

Oklahoma City Tomahawks

Anaheim Rats

Nashville Stars

Birmingham Magic

22 minutes ago, TheAnt755 said:

My ideas:

Brooklyn Hooligans

(Gangsta-themed) Maybe a "B" or "BKN" or "BKLYN" in graffiti style font on the helmet

Buffalo Plowers

(Snow-themed) Light blue and white to represent the snow, plus yellow to represent the plows themselves

Tusla Racers

(Chili Bowl hosts races) Red primary because chili, then heavy use of checkered flag pattern

Minnesota Angels Halo design on the helmet

Seattle Sea Wolves Teal

Philadelphia Stallions

(Rocky)

San Jose Codebreakers Definitely black primary with bright green accents

Atlanta Flames

(Olympic-themed)

Houston Martians Either bright green to represent aliens or red to represent Mars

Albuquerque Jackrabbits

(Looney Tunes)

Idaho Bucks Antler helmets of course

Wichita Farmers

Orlando Wizards Blue and silver same as the Magic

New Jersey Demons

Dallas Gunslingers

Pittsburgh Slammers

Colorado Whitecaps White helmets, other colors are your choice

Cleveland Dynamos

Kansas City Twisters

San Diego Dreadnoughts Navy and gray

Tennessee Tunes

San Francisco Samurai

Las Vegas Red Tails

Houston Moonshots

Oklahoma City Tomahawks

Anaheim Rats

Nashville Stars

Birmingham Magic

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Love the ideas! With some of them I would like the tie into for the city. Here are the ones that stood out to me on the list and my opinions:

Tulsa Racers

(Chili Bowl hosts races) Red primary because chili, then heavy use of checkered flag pattern

(Always liked the name, and think it could be a cool brand to build around.)

Seattle Sea Wolves Teal

(Always thought orcas and this nickname is cool, and works well with the city.)

Philadelphia Stallions

(Rocky)

(Love the movies and a good animal themed team [I struggle coming up with animal teams based on cities that are not already taken]) 

Atlanta Flames

(Olympic-themed)

(This or Firebirds I have always liked for this city.)

Houston Martians Either bright green to represent aliens or red to represent Mars

(Always trying to think of good space themed, but was looking for something simpler. Maybe Invaders is the way to go.)

Albuquerque Jackrabbits

(Looney Tunes)

(Feel that I would need a potentially shorter team name since the city name is so long.)

Idaho Bucks Antler helmets of course

(Like the name Stags even more, but would love to build a brand around this.)

Wichita Farmers

(Have fallen in love with the name Haymakers, and I feel like this would fit it well. Could use a pitchfork for the "W"?)

New Jersey

(Sea Devils)

Dallas Gunslingers

(love the name and a fun football term.)

Colorado Whitecaps White helmets, other colors are your choice

(What I envision for them is a white or maroon helmet with a mountain range that encompasses the bottom of the football helmet.)

Cleveland Dynamos 👍

Kansas City Twisters 👍 i think

San Diego Dreadnoughts Navy and gray

(Might add some yellow too.)

Las Vegas Red Tails

(Not fallen in love with this one yet, but I know they are native to the area. Would definitely incorporate the Vegas diamond into it.) 

Oklahoma City Tomahawks

(Always a fun brand.)

Nashville Stars

(Love the simplicity, and can have fun with the stars on the state flag.

Have a couple more sets of logos lined up. One in particular I like, even though its for a city rival I despise. 

• tsizer changed the title to Concepts and ideas for Football League of America (FLA) (5/40?)

Pittsburgh Mongers

Sorry for the glare. I initially was going to use the Barons as a team name, but I have seem that before so I wanted to go a different route. Still a menacing name and can tie in how they dominated the steel production industry. My vision for their helmets is for it to be navy blue, with the cream colored keystone shape with their number inside of it. Tried to give them an old school look as well. Let me know what you think.

rV8ue1716387153.jpg

yHiCQ1716386536.jpg

• Like 1

• tsizer changed the title to Concepts and ideas for Football League of America (FLofA) (6/40?)

St. Louis Stormers

I always thought the Iowa Barnstormers had a cool brand, and would like to create something similar. I wouldn't say this is my final design for the Stormers, but wanted to post it anyway. Thought St. Louis was a good city to pair that name with, but also give it a little bit of a shake up since theirs lots of storms in that part of the U.S. Feel free to help me out on this one.

8w2V01716400031.jpg

VXMrB1716400365.jpg

• Like 1

Another team that I like the name of is the Texas Tycoons. I know that I want the color rust involved with the team, but am not sure what logo to pair it with. Was thinking about just making a unique "T" logo, but also may want to make something with oil because of the history of it in the state of Texas. I am all ears and love some help with this one.

• tsizer changed the title to Concepts and ideas for Football League of America (FLofA) (7/40?)
6 hours ago, tsizer said:

Another team that I like the name of is the Texas Tycoons. I know that I want the color rust involved with the team, but am not sure what logo to pair it with. Was thinking about just making a unique "T" logo, but also may want to make something with oil because of the history of it in the state of Texas. I am all ears and love some help with this one.

Maybe make the ends of the top part into horns? Like the school except not fully leaning into the longhorn head shape for the T

7 hours ago, tsizer said:

St. Louis Stormers

I always thought the Iowa Barnstormers had a cool brand, and would like to create something similar. I wouldn't say this is my final design for the Stormers, but wanted to post it anyway. Thought St. Louis was a good city to pair that name with, but also give it a little bit of a shake up since theirs lots of storms in that part of the U.S. Feel free to help me out on this one.

8w2V01716400031.jpg

VXMrB1716400365.jpg

Fun Fact:

Kurt Warner played the Iowa Barnstormers & the St. Louis Rams (now know as the L.A. Rams).

11 hours ago, tsizer said:

Pittsburgh Mongers

Sorry for the glare. I initially was going to use the Barons as a team name, but I have seem that before so I wanted to go a different route. Still a menacing name and can tie in how they dominated the steel production industry. My vision for their helmets is for it to be navy blue, with the cream colored keystone shape with their number inside of it. Tried to give them an old school look as well. Let me know what you think.

rV8ue1716387153.jpg

yHiCQ1716386536.jpg

I think it doesn't look navy and cream on my screen, but royal blue and pale green (the kind on glow in the dark stickers)

Also I know they're in the same state but the keystone shape feels more Philly than Pittsburgh to me